A Fast Read on Drug Cartels and the Border

Started by Warph, March 24, 2009, 01:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Even if we legalize drugs that won't solve anything.  They are too easily manufactured to be correctly taxed. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 04, 2009, 12:36:59 PM
Even if we legalize drugs that won't solve anything.  They are too easily manufactured to be correctly taxed. 
I wasn't even talking about taxing them.  Just legalize them. The very act of legalizing them will collapse the industry.  The only reason their being sold now is the 1700 -2000% profit margin being made off of them.

Shoot when  you pay 125 for a 1/4oz of pot, then someones making a killing!  1 plant will produce 1 -2 pounds of pot.  So thats not a bad profit making 8000 dollars a pound which can fit in a 1 gallon baggie. 

You legalize it, then that 1 pound of pot becomes about as valuable as a pound of tobacco around 35.00
So who would bother importing it at that low price. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

reread your post, missread it the first time (the bit about 1/3 of the money). I see what your saying there.  I could see legalizing pot, there are many uses for it other than getting stoned.  It's the harder drugs that I have a problem with.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Um, does that mean a meth lab in the local apartment becomes legal? Very dangerous. And about the corporal punishment. I was a teacher for many years. I had lots of ways of effectively disciplining kids without hitting them. I was sorely tested on occasion, but never smacked a kid.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 04, 2009, 03:18:33 PM
Um, does that mean a meth lab in the local apartment becomes legal? Very dangerous. And about the corporal punishment. I was a teacher for many years. I had lots of ways of effectively disciplining kids without hitting them. I was sorely tested on occasion, but never smacked a kid.

Well i can assure you that if you had any of my boys, you would have smacked them at least once.

Diane Amberg

Nah, wouldn't have happened. Did any of their teachers ever hit them? I doubt it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 04, 2009, 06:07:28 PM
Nah, wouldn't have happened. Did any of their teachers ever hit them? I doubt it.
Actually their teachers had permission to use the belt or paddle on them for acts of defiance and rebellion.   

Varmit

Diane, I know what you're saying.  When we lived in N.C. the school asked permission to use the paddle on one of my boys, I told the principal that under no circumstance were my children to be paddled at school. I am their parent, it is my responsibility to punish my children.  Besides that I can do a much better job of it.  But I did ask them to call me and let me know if my children got in trouble,  I made only 2 trips to the school, one each for my boys. that was all it took.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 05, 2009, 01:14:39 PM
Diane, I know what you're saying.  When we lived in N.C. the school asked permission to use the paddle on one of my boys, I told the principal that under no circumstance were my children to be paddled at school. I am their parent, it is my responsibility to punish my children.  Besides that I can do a much better job of it.  But I did ask them to call me and let me know if my children got in trouble,  I made only 2 trips to the school, one each for my boys. that was all it took.

Well the way it worked with mine, they got it from the teacher in left in charge to administer it.  Then when they got home they got it again from me.   They all knew after a couple times that it wasn't worth them acting like a heathen spawn of satan.   

All through highschool, my boys were very polite and respectful of adults.  They said yes ma'am and no ma'am yes sir and no sir and nevery did they call any elder by their first name. THey always addressed their elders by Mr. so and so and Mrs so and so.

They still do this today even though their grown and responsible adults. 

Can't ask for any better than that.

Varmit

Getting back to the drug issue, I don't see legalizing them as a solution.  There enough crap (i.e. booze, legal med.'s etc) for our kids and others to get their hands on without us making it easier for them to get more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk