Obama’s Gun Ban List Is Out

Started by Warph, March 20, 2009, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

The right to bear arms was not put in Constitution for quail or deer hunting - it was put there to overthrow unruly government.

It's no wonder that there are some who want to deny Americans their rights.

Tobina+1

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 23, 2009, 04:03:18 PM

The right to bear arms was not put in Constitution for quail or deer hunting - it was put there to overthrow unruly government.

It's no wonder that there are some who want to deny Americans their rights.

Yeah, so much for asking nicely about NOT BASHING me.  How was that answer helpful to answering my questions?

Varmit

The type of firearm a person wants to own shouldn't be an issue, regardless of its original design.  All firearms were derived from a weapon that was designed to kill people and then later adapted for hunting purposes.  My question is what logical reason would the gov't have for banning any type of weapon?  Espically those with a combat application?  I don't mean to sound "short or bashing" but the 2nd admendment isn't about hunting. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Catwoman

Instead of outlawing that list of arms, we ought to be supplying them free of charge to our police force nationally.  We will never be able to deal with the outlaws until we're armed in a similar fashion to them. 

Diane Amberg

When the 2nd amendment was written, what kind of firearms were they talking about? What was common in those days?

Catwoman

Front loader muskets...ball and cap operations...flintlocks...later came the more modern models of the Winchester, Colt, and the like...That's all I can remember...Anyone else have a better memory for history than I do?  Kjell??  Teresa??  Frank??  Warph??

pam

I understand your opinion Tobina, but in all actuality guns are for killin period, whether people OR game. The only difference is the number of shots you can get off and how fast. I am totally against gun control myself for the simple reason that outlawing things doesn't keep criminals from havin whatever it is. Just keeps law-abiding people defenseless and face it out here where we all live by the time the law gets there to shoot em for you you are gonna be dead already.

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

And if somebody is shootin at me with a fully automatic weapon I don't want to be shootin back with a single shot 12 guage :P lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Tobina+1

Not my opinion, Pam.  Just curious to understand everyone else's opinion and your thoughts on why banning these fully automatic weapons is such a bad thing.

For the record, YES, I'm totally against gun control for civilians!

Sometimes I just like to ask the "hard" questions of everyone on this thread.  Sometimes people tend get a little too stuck in their own opinions and don't fully express to the rest of us the "why".  It's not that we disagree, it's just that we want to understand why YOU think that way.  This thread is for DISCUSSION of political issues.  Sometimes I think it's just a place for people to spew their own opinions and bash everyone else for not agreeing.  Rather than stating your opinion, stating the REASONS behind your opinions, listening to other's opinions, and then having a civilized discussions on the differences of the opinions.  No, you're probably not going to change someone's mind, and someone's not likely to change yours, but just MAYBE you can open your eyes to the "other side" and at least listen to what they have to say.  You don't have to agree, but you do have to be respectful.

sixdogsmom

Tobina for statesman of the day! Thanks for your input. I wonder how many are reluctant to participate for fear of being unloaded on. I suspect the number is more than would be thought from the postings in most of the political threads. The gun question is a complicated one, and I can see both sides. It is difficult to say exactly where the line should be drawn, or if a community can have a gun ban or not. I can see the problem of youngsters gangbanging and innocents caught in the crossfire. I can see the banning of certain weapons and not others, and the problems that might arise from that.  One thing that does concern me however is the participation of certain groups in the influence of our government under the guise of second amendment rights. I am speaking of drug cartels, hate groups and gangs. Their growth into mainstream America is unrecognized by many.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk