MORGAN, Jeffery Allen - b. June 8, 1959 - d. July 6, 1963

Started by genealogynut, May 13, 2007, 03:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant-Citizen
July 11, 1963

Funeral services were held at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday morning, July 9, in the chapel of Spurrier-Watt Funeral Home, Howard, for Jeffery Allen Morgan, four year old son of Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Morgan of this city.  Services were conducted by the Rev. Russell Money, pastor of the First Christian Church of Eureka.  Interment was in Grace Lawn Cemetery, Howard.

Jeffery died Saturday afternoon, July 6, in Greenwood County Hospital at Eureka, from injuries received in an automobile accident  involving the Morgan family Tuesday night, July 2, as they were returning from a ballgame at Atlanta.

Jeffery was born June 8, 1959, at Winfield.  Surviving in addition to the parents and sister, Jennifer, are the maternal grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Hinkle, Howard; the paternal grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Elias Morgan, rural Howard; the maternal great grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Verne Adams, Howard.

Teresa

I had forgotten about Jeffery being killed.
But I now remember my mom talking about it.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Flintauqua

Somebody please refresh my memory, Is Curtis Morgan the father of Jerald Morgan??

Jerald and I are both West Elk Class of 1986.  I had heard he had another heart attack, can anyone give an update on how he is doing?

Janet Harrington

Jerald did have another heart attack.  They put in a stent/stint and he is now back to work and going strong.

His mother, Louise, however; is not.  She is back in the hospital for the third time with a second stroke.  Louise needs heart surgery, but hasn't been strong enough to do it.  This second stroke has affected her right side, but I don't know to what extent.  I do know that she can talk and she knows who people are that come into the room.

Curtis had also had heart problems and before Jerald had his problem this last time, Curtis went through having a stent/stint or two put in.  He is doing well, also.

(I put the word stent/stint like I did because it can be spelled both ways.  A stent/stint is a wire mesh tube that is placed in the artery to keep the artery open after the artery has been cleared by angioplasty.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk