A Little Brag

Started by sixdogsmom, March 10, 2009, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I received this from my sister in law tonight. Luc Brust, my nephew is currently working on his masters' degree at University Of Southern Mississippi. He is an instructor of Steel Pans as well as an advance student. If you go to the university website, it has a rotating picture at the top of the site; the third picture is of Luc and his students at a fund raiser last Friday night. Purty kewl!    (He is the big guy, second from the left)

www.usm.edu
Edie

Ole Granny

Could not get it to work but put in University of Southern Mississippi and went right to it.  Neat.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

patyrn

Sixdogsmom--

You can reach the University of Southern Mississippi by going to www.usm.edu

Don't put the .com at the end.

Great community service project for these young musicians!!!

Clubine Ranch

It is pretty neat. Thanks for sharing.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Diane Amberg

Neat photo! I never knew anybody could major in cut off 55 gal. drums! ;D  Does he tune his own? Seriously, that is really great.

sixdogsmom

Dianne, he can just about play anything! He plays tympony, all kinds of percussion for the orchestra. He plays and composes keyboard, as well as guitar. Luc is truly gifted and has been fortunate to have mentors in his life. He plans to get his doctorate and spend his life teaching. He worked his way through school by teaching and performing with a group called Rain. They used to have a website that featured Luc. Don't know if it is still up. Thanks for looking!
Edie

Teresa

That is the neatest ! I didn't know that they had that kind of stuff going on. I poked around the site some more..
Pretty impressive. You have every reason to "brag".. ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I'd say he has a great future ahead of him. Being and old percussionist myself, I can relate to all that. I never got very far with the guitar and ukulele, but had fun with them. So he's going to go for his his PhD too? That's fantastic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk