Tanning in Howard?

Started by Sarah, March 10, 2009, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I've seen it mentioned a few times that there are tanning beds in Howard?  Where are these at?  We don't get the Howard phone book, so if you have a phone number that would be great.  I'm dieing to get back to tanning again.  If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!  :)  :D

Oh, also, where's the best place to get hair permed?  I have hair down to the middle of my back that is usually destined to be in a pony tail and I've been looking for something else to do with it, but don't know who to go to out here.  Need someone that's willing to listen.  :)

lola330

There is one tanning bed at the florist on the highway, formerly K&K, now called Bryant's blooms.

Traci's Trends on Wabash (main street in town) has two brand new tanning beds.

I can't give advice about the perms, sorry.

Sarah

Quote from: lola330 on March 10, 2009, 01:46:23 PM
There is one tanning bed at the florist on the highway, formerly K&K, now called Bryant's blooms.

Traci's Trends on Wabash (main street in town) has two brand new tanning beds.

I can't give advice about the perms, sorry.

Do you happen to have a number for Tracy's?  I can't find the number online.

Sarah

I found the number!!!  Woo Hoo  Thank you!!

Catwoman

Unless she's gone out of business in the years since I've been gone, Bobby Moreno's mom runs a beauty shop in Moline.  I have received both perms and haircuts from her...She's a very, very talented lady who can really do hair well.  ;D ;)  I'd still be going to her if it weren't so durned far to get to her!

Delbert

I have a tanning bed out in my garden.  Tanning season May-September. 

S-S

Sarah, Connie Saxton permed my hair when I used to have it done. She does a wonderful job and it always stayed in my hair for several months.

Elk County Cuts 374-2227

Sarah

Quote from: Delbert on March 11, 2009, 07:14:30 AM
I have a tanning bed out in my garden.  Tanning season May-September. 

LOL

Unfortunately, I get sick to my stomach laying out in the sun when I get too hot.  That's where tanning beds come in handy.  All the "sun" you could want plus air conditioning.  LOL

Quote from: CDBL on March 11, 2009, 11:11:14 AM
Sarah, Connie Saxton permed my hair when I used to have it done. She does a wonderful job and it always stayed in my hair for several months.

Elk County Cuts 374-2227

Elk County Cuts?  Is this in Howard?

Quote from: Catwoman on March 10, 2009, 07:02:13 PM
Unless she's gone out of business in the years since I've been gone, Bobby Moreno's mom runs a beauty shop in Moline.  I have received both perms and haircuts from her...She's a very, very talented lady who can really do hair well.  ;D ;)  I'd still be going to her if it weren't so durned far to get to her!

Do you happen to know the name of it?  The only phone book that SKT gives us is Piedmont.  LOL  Not that that does us much good.

Wilma

I am not sure of the name but the number is right.  If I have to look it up I look for Saxton.  Yes, it is in Howard.  She is located on Washington on the east side of town.  408 E. Washington.  Her shop is a small building north of her house.  I don't find Elk County Cuts in the phone book.  She is listed as Saxton, Vernon and Connie.

Maude

Maxine and I hate to inform you all, that tanning in a bed is worse then the sun. They have done studies in several different countrys and found it will do more harm to your skin and cause cancer quicker then the sun will. 
Maude ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk