More Stats

Started by W. Gray, March 18, 2009, 02:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The "More Stats" portion of the Elk County Forum says that one year ago today, March 18, 2008, there were 574 members online at the same time, 7:16:07 am--the most ever.

It's a wonder a fuse did not blow somewhere.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

indygal

I too find the statistics interesting and very useful. In fact, I cited several in the paper I wrote for my cultural anthropology research project.

I don't think the figure of 574 refers to members, however. I think that's how many people were visiting/viewing the site at one time. A person doesn't need to be an registered member to look at the forum. That is, of course, not taking into account that we have fewer members today (495) than we did then (which I'm not sure how you can become an un-member...Teresa? Is that possible?) If that's the case, my most humble apologies for the misunderstanding.

Still, the greatest statistic of all is that there are nearly 500 members! Quite a milestone, I'd say!

srkruzich

Those stats also include crawlers, spiders, and other tools that the search engines use to cataloge the site names.  So you probably had mostly google and other sites on it.
You see google logs into the board and catalogs the posts made here.  They keep a copy for a period of time.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk