Information needed

Started by Clubine Ranch, March 04, 2009, 07:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

I would like to find out where we could purchase plastic telephone book covers (in quantities)  which we could put printed information on. We use to get them but it has been years since I have seen any. Or maybe those are obsolete and there is a computer program you could make your own. Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks for your help. Barbara

Delbert

frawin

Barbara, what size phone book?? I am assuming the smaller ones like your local area books. Let me know for sure, I think I have seen something like thaty at Hobby Lobby. I will check and see. Also, there is an advertising place here that I can check with.
Frank

Tobina+1

I might suggest contacting the phone company, as they were the ones who used to put those out?  Otherwise, I'd agree with Frank and say an ad or printing agency.

Clubine Ranch

Frank, yes it would be the smaller ones. Maybe 8x12 We would want to put a list of numbers of our choosing on it.
Tobina, what ad or printing agency??? I am needing a place to call or write.
Thanks so much for the help. Barbara

Tobina+1

You might want to check with Connie Lloyd?  Also, your SKTC rep (don't you have one on your EK committee?)

frawin

Barbara, I will check with the telephone company here and some other places. It seems like we might have some old ones around here. Myrna is in California with our daughter for a few days. I will check with her and see if we had some when we moved. If you don't find any, you could type labels and stick them on. I have lots of sheets of labels that you can use in Microsoft Word Processor, if you want to try that, rather than buy some, I can mail you some .

ddurbin

Barbara,  I'm holding one of our old phone books that has the type of cover I think you're looking for.  It lists a lot of community and emergency #'s and has lots of small ads from local businesses.  It was printed by Direct Advertising Corporation,  636-390-4410,
www.diradco.com.  It has some age to it, so can't vouch for that company still being around, but likely it is.    Dan D.

Clubine Ranch

Dan, I believe that I will call that number tomorrow and I feel this is exactly what we want. Thank you so much.
Tobina I will also contact Connie as I had truly not even thought of her (shame on me as we have used her before and she is soooo good), she might be a big help. Yes Lonnie S from SKTC is on my list to contact but thought the form would be a wonderful wealth of information, which proved true.
Frank you are very generous for the offer, I have those labels and they are handy for lots of things.
Again thanks to all for your help. If and when this project gets off the ground, it will be with the added help you three provided. Stay with us as we grow!

frawin

Barbara, I was not thinking right at all, I thought you were wanting a cover for you to use at home and put often used numbers on. I now see how far off I was, you are wanting a bunch of covers for advertising/promotion. If you want me to, I will call some of the places here tomorrow and see if they do that. Also, I notice several companies on the internet that do the Telephone Directory covers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk