No More McD's

Started by Catwoman, February 26, 2009, 05:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Thought you'd all find this interesting...and a little disturbing...

THIS  IS BY A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS, AND HE SIGNED THE  STATEMENT AND INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

READ  ON:

I'm  sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the Issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle and raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating.

This  will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The  original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association:

American  cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's  claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their  restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking  to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of  the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place,  but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We  personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which  I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt.

Please  pass it on. Just to add a note:

All  Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper  stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South  Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's  has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef  from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the  same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have  are loosely controlled.

They  can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here  at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various  hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to  be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk  from now on by eating at good old McDonald's.

American  ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what  Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely  controlled. Therefore, I am proposing  a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm  sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I  am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at  least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...

And  those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... And so on,  by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will  have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll  bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting  together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass  this message on.

David  W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl. ACAP Department of Animal Science Texas  A&M  University

Phone  (979) 845-3560

Fax  (979) 862-3399
2471 TAMU College Station, TX 77843-2471

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm

Dee Gee

I haven't had Micky D's burger in twenty years, the only thing we buy from them is a Ice Cream cone after we eaten somewhere else for a light desert.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

I don't eat their hamburgers... but I'm guilty on loving the chicken nuggets  :-[
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

Thanks so much for posting this.  My husband and his family have been in the cattle business for as long as I've been alive.  This is just an outrage.  I didn't know this.  I know alot of people have told me that McD's tend to buy cancer eyed cattle, and even cattle that are down, which is gross to if you ask me.  But I haven't ate at McD's in awhile.  I do love their chicken nuggets, but from now on I WON'T eat there.  AMERICA BEEF IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

frawin

According to truthorfiction  neither McDonald's or any other food chain has said anything about buying beef from South America. I know Catwoman would not want to circulate anything that was not so. I am not a fan of McDonalds, but my Grandkids are and I do not think MCDonalds buys any cattle on the Hoof whatsoever, and sure not Cancer Eyed, or Down Cattle. For whatever you think about McDonalds thjey are a very successful and well run company and they will be very careful to avoid such negative actions and publicity. I am checking on it, but I am pretty sure that McDonalds buys all of their Hambuger already processed and packaged and they do not buy live cattle at all. It has been confirmed that several Hamburger chains do buy some ground beef from Austrailia and New Zealand, they state that it is due to a shortage of LEAN Ground beef in the States.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on February 27, 2009, 08:21:08 AM
According to truthorfiction  neither McDonald's or any other food chain has said anything about buying beef from South America. I know Catwoman would not want to circulate anything that was not so. I am not a fan of McDonalds, but my Grandkids are and I do not think MCDonalds buys any cattle on the Hoof whatsoever, and sure not Cancer Eyed, or Down Cattle. For whatever you think about McDonalds thjey are a very successful and well run company and they will be very careful to avoid such negative actions and publicity. I am checking on it, but I am pretty sure that McDonalds buys all of their Hambuger already processed and packaged and they do not buy live cattle at all. It has been confirmed that several Hamburger chains do buy some ground beef from Austrailia and New Zealand, they state that it is due to a shortage of LEAN Ground beef in the States.

I can't remember if its current but MCD's used to raise their own beef.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

It might be news to some, but the lean in ground beef is the absence of fat, which is controlled by what is put into the grinder.  The fattest beef can be made lean by leaving the fat out.

indygal

After I first read this, I checked it out on Snopes.com

The way I understand it is that most US beef is corn-fed and the Australian beef is grass-fed. Grass-fed translates into leaner beef.

I eat one or two Big Macs a year, and that's usually when I'm traveling out of town.

Wilma

Leaner beef doesn't make leaner hamburger.  The less fat that is put into the grinder, the leaner the hamburger.  A fat cow can become lean hamburger.  In other words, lean hamburger is not made on the hoof.  It is made in the grinder.

Catwoman

Frank, you're right...here's what I found on Snoops:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp

Evidently, McD's buys its beef primarily from Canada, with a small amount coming from New Zealand, Australia and the US.  My main "beef" would be the fact that I find it hard to believe that Canadian beef is superior to ours in any material fashion...The only thing I can think is that they are undercutting us on price.

Frank, thank you for making me dig deeper on this one...But, shame on you for making me have to think on a Friday night! lol  After a full week of teaching, any thought on a Friday night is darn near painful! lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk