BUMGARNER, Mildred (Baughman) (Boyer) - b. August 15, 1911 - d. January 26, 2009

Started by patyrn, February 15, 2009, 11:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Mildred Louise Bumgarner, 97, passed away Monday, January 26, 2009 in Rockport, Texas.  Mildred had been a resident of Texas since 1999.  Mildred was born in Howard, Kansas on August 15, 1911 to Martha Ann and Samuel Phillip Baughman.  

She was a life member of Chapter #243 of the Order of Eastern Star, American Legion Auxiliary Unit 0388, AARP, and First United Methodist Church of Moline, Kansas.  She was appointed and commissioned Honorary Lt. Governor of the State of Kansas in February 1994 and was a graduate of Howard High School.

Mildred was preceded in death by her mother and father; two husbands, Dale Boyer and Jackson Bumgarner; a brother-in-law, Gene Durbin; a nephew, Ronald Gene Durbin; a niece, Norma Grace Durbin; and a nephew, Felix N. Turnbough Jr.

Mildred, known as Mimmie to all of her family, is survived by one sister, Bonnie Durbin of Aransas Pass, Texas; a niece, Janice and her husband Norman Spears of Rockport, Texas; a niece, Cathy Turnbough of Ingleside, Texas; great-nieces, Dedra and her husband Ben Pruett of Bergheim Texas, Cara and her husband Justin Hobbs of San Antonio, Texas; great-nephews, Norman and his wife wife Christina Spears of Rockport, Texas and Samuel and his wife Alissa Spears of Rockport, Texas, Justin Spears of Nashville, Tenessee, Matt and his wife Courtney Durbin of Ingleside, Texas, and Felix N. Turnbough III (Trey) of Ingleside, Texas; five great-great nieces, Emily, Abigail, Kaleigh, Hailey, and Piper; and a great-great nephew, Phillip.

(published in the Prairie Star - February 11, 2009)

Ole Granny

Mildred was a staple in Moline for so many years.  Her first husband and her were great firends of my father.  I was not aware that Ronnie Durbin had passed away.  Janice was in my class the few years they were in Moline.  I was sad when they moved to Texas.
Sympathy to the families.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

sixdogsmom

Ted thought so much of Mildred.  He often mowed the museum for her when she was taking care of it. I first met her when touring the museum with Don, and she looked at us and said "who are you?". We didn't know who she was either, but it didn't take very long before she had done an entire interview for the paper the following week. She was a cheery lady who always spoke and was quick to smile. I am saddened to hear of her passing.
Edie

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk