Presidential Marxism

Started by redcliffsw, May 21, 2009, 04:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

...many, if not most, Americans think only government can and should build and run "infrastructure" and that government "investment" creates jobs, which the private sector is incapable of creating.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=98736

Diane Amberg

I finally had a chance to sit and read this article. By the way, this particular American (me) does believe the private sector can create jobs very well when the economy isn't in a heap. Private investment does too. Our big rt.13,The DuPont Highway, was built by the DuPont family. No tolls either. Investments, from savings and extra money, create interest. Interest generates money that can be used in many ways.  People used to buy savings bonds and T-bills and enjoy the interest it generated. Now some people would probably insist that their tax money was used to pay the interest on my T-bill and insist it was a waste of their hard earned money.
I see the Marxist label showed up again, but no definition of what Marxism is. Most young people today have no idea who Marx was, don't care and might think it's a bad thing because somebody told them it was. The writer is entitled to his opinion. Some I agree with, some not so much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk