USA Born/Raised/Slaughtered Beef Poll

Started by Tobina+1, February 23, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much would you pay for USA-born/raised/slaughtered beef vs. non-USA beef?

I would always buy USA beef, no matter the cost comparison.
6 (50%)
I would pay up to $1.00/lb over non-USA beef.
1 (8.3%)
I would pay up to $0.50/lb over non-USA beef.
0 (0%)
I would pay up to $0.25/lb over non-USA beef.
0 (0%)
I would buy whichever beef was cheapest.
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 28, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

Tobina+1

I know a lot of us have outlets for purchasing beef outside of retail markets (raise our own, or buy beef from local producers), but IF you had to purchase beef in a retail setting, how much would you pay for beef labeled as "USA Born/Raised/Slaughtered" over beef that is labeled "Product of USA, Canada, or Mexico"?

srkruzich

LOL, well i can't afford to buy any beef.  Too expensive. :P  I'm stuck with chicken and its getting outrageous.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Tobina+1

Maybe you should try buying bulk (full beef, halves, or quarters)?

srkruzich

Quote from: Tobina on February 23, 2009, 02:20:13 PM
Maybe you should try buying bulk (full beef, halves, or quarters)?

What does a quarter run around here or half a beef and on average how much meat is that going to be
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

I am one that don't or won't buy beef unless it is USA beef.  We do butcher about one a year or so, and I just can't really stand to buy beef from the stores.  I will once in awhile buy at Family Market, the beef there isn't to bad.  But that roll stuff  is just nasty.  I cooked some for the family last night, and wouldn't eat it.  Just to much fat and can't stand that!  Sorry.  I am spoiled I know, but that is what we raise, so that helps and it's GOOD!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

We buy and butcher all of our beef and pork from good ole' Elk County Ranchers.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

I agree with you all... I can't imagine having to buy "commercial quality" beef from any retail store.  My parents raise very high quaility, natural beef and sell to a lot of customers in Colorado.  We get about a half a year (1/4 in the spring and 1/4 in the fall b/c our freezer is too small and has too much other stuff in it).  I believe that the commercial grade beef sold in many retail stores (especially the Walmarts of the world) give beef a very bad name.  You're looking at beef from the poorest animals/carcasses.  The high-grade stuff goes to restaurants and speciality packages. 

Anyway, back to the poll.  I know this isn't a good representation since a lot of people around here get custom-butchered beef, but I'm anxious to see how the rest of the forum answers. 

Maude

Maxine and I buy hamburger born and raised in the USA. We pay $5.99 for the beef that is only 4% fat. You know when you get old you need to take care of your self.
Maude

Catwoman

For those of you who live in an area where you're able to buy locally raised, you're lucky.  I don't live in an area where that's easy to achieve...and I truly miss the home-raised product.  The only problem that I have seen with home-raised is that the locker will sometimes take your choicest and replace it with something that is recognizably not yours.  Have had that happen twice in my past.  But, otherwise, home-raised is the way to go.  :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk