USA Born/Raised/Slaughtered Beef Poll

Started by Tobina+1, February 23, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much would you pay for USA-born/raised/slaughtered beef vs. non-USA beef?

I would always buy USA beef, no matter the cost comparison.
6 (50%)
I would pay up to $1.00/lb over non-USA beef.
1 (8.3%)
I would pay up to $0.50/lb over non-USA beef.
0 (0%)
I would pay up to $0.25/lb over non-USA beef.
0 (0%)
I would buy whichever beef was cheapest.
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 28, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

Teresa

I honestly can't vouch for.. ( but I almost can) Fredonia. I like and know the people who run it and they are honest people.
I can 100% vouch for the Moline Locker when Sherry and Robert Wilson ran it. NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER did that happen. Robert and Sherry had their own beef and whatever beef you took in is exactly the one you went home with after processing. I worked in there for a few years and I can vouch for the integrity of their business practices when they had it.
( I loved the way Robert cut up and scraped all the cuts of meat too)
Fredonia does a good job, but no one did it like Robert. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

I remember Robert and his wife...I really liked both of them.  Robert is not the one I'm refering to...He would never have dreamed of switching goods like that.  I wasn't living in Elk County at the time when the incidents that I'm refering to occured.

Warph

I'm not much of a beef person so I'll pass your question on to my two experts, Rowdy and Chili Dawg.

"So, guys... how much would you pay for beef labeled as "USA Born/Raised/Slaughtered" over beef that is labeled "Product of USA, Canada, or Mexico"?

Rowdy:  "Well..... If you're talking about super market beef, I couldn't tell ya.  But I can say something about them Gaines Burgers.  Ya gotta ask yourself....'It say's Beef Flavored, but who actually tasted it?  A dog?  A human?  Certainly NOT a human.  If they did, the package wouldn't say "Beef Flavored" on it.  It would say - "Nasty Flavored, but a Dog would eat it.'  C'mon, who are ya foolin' here?  Not the dog.  To us dogs, if it even smells like something we'd eat.....we eat it!  At least lick it anyways.  Heck, we don't even care if it looks good.  Shoot, bring on that old mexican beef.... by the time our nose is in the dish, we can't see what we're eating, anyways!"

Chili Dawg:  "Now, rawhides are quite a different thing.  There's nuthin' as tasty as a good beef basted rawhide.  I'm droolin' just thinkin' about it.  A little hard and tough at first.....but once you get that tasty morsel soft and gooey with drool....yum yum!  The thing that I don't understand is why you humans are repelled by something sooooooo good!  I mean, when I try to share one with Warph, he says things like 'GET THAT GROSS THING OUTTA HERE!  NOW!' " 

I guess thats probably not what you're looking for, Tobina but I have all ideas that they would go for the beef that is labeled "Product of USA, Canada, or Mexico.... and I believe they voted for the cheapest, knowing that they're a couple of tightwads.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk