Is there a VFW or American legion

Started by srkruzich, February 20, 2009, 06:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Hi,
Is there a VFW or American Legion around here that disposes of a flag properly?

thanks
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

patyrn

I believe the Moline American Legion has a flag disposal ceremony periodically.

sixdogsmom

They usually make an announcement in the newspaper before hand. I will watch and remind here if you want.
Edie

srkruzich

ok thanks, my poor flag has been tattered at the ends from this wind out here and it won't be long before it will get ripped up.  I would try stitching it up but it wouldn't be a proper flag if i did so. 
I have another one that i am going to use instead and i'll fold this one up until theres a ceremony.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jensarlou

Here is a place that you can send your flag to and they wil dispose of it properly.  http://www.flagkeepers.org/Home.asp

W. Gray

It seems to me that when I was in Boy Scouts, the proper way they taugt to dispose of a flag was to burn it.

I suppose one cannot do that today because of all the burning rules, etc.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

They still burn them with ceremony. It is a rather stirring sight to witness, and everyone should see at least one retirement ceremony.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk