Airplane Crash

Started by DanCookson, February 13, 2009, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanCookson

Man, I sure do hate to see things like this.  I have to fly for business occasionally as does my wife and this is my greatest fear outside of something happening to my daughter....and maybe snakes.

Tobina+1

DanCookson

Yes a commuter plane flying from Newark NJ to Buffalo NY crashed last night at approx 11 pm killing everyone on board.

Tobina+1

Yes, just turned on CNN and saw it.  How very sad.  I try and remember to say at least 1 prayer as I take off and land each time.  Events like this make me step it up a notch.  Glad I'm done traveling for a bit.  Hope the same goes for you and Teri, Dan!

sixdogsmom

Things like this make you stop and think about the ones you love. My mother was not a demonstrative person as I was growing up. Her affectionate gestures were few and far between and despite that I knew that my Mother loved me. I lost my only sister in a car accident in 1993 and it really affected my Mother. She never parted without saying "I love you" after that, and as a result I can now recall her last words to me were "I love you", as I left her hospital room in 2002. She went into a coma from which she never recovered that evening, but I have those words to keep with me for the rest of my life.

Ted was also somewhat like this; each night before sleep, he always said to me,"Good night, I love you, God bless you, good night". I suppose his Mother said those things to her children before sleep. I am a fortunate woman.  :'( :'(
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

Thanks for sharing that sixdogsmom.  A sweet reminder to us all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk