BEE, Molly - b. August 18, 1939 - d. February 7, 2009

Started by W. Gray, February 12, 2009, 09:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Oklahoma City born Molly Bee has died at age 69.

I recall she was a regular on the Pinky Lee Show when she was fourteen.

I had a fondness for her and I guess it was because she was not that much older than I.

Her obits are saying that she disappeared from public view sometime in the sixties because of a drug problem—something I did not know.

The Pinky Lee Show was on just before Howdy Doody.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

She certainly had a lot of hair! Down to her waist as I remember, and I had not heard about the drugs either. Too bad.
Edie

patyrn

Molly Bee's singing career shot to fame at age 13 with the 1952 novelty hit, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus".  She was born August 18, 1939 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

(from the Daily Oklahoman 2/12/2009)

W. Gray

I read that about "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" and what was surprised.

I only remember Jimmy Boyd's version that he sang when he was twelve in 1950, or so. His record was supposed to have broken all kings of records for records sold.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

According to KOA radio, Jimmy Boyd died today in California.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk