NISSAN SOLD ON ELECTRIC CARS, NOT HYBRIDS

Started by frawin, August 08, 2008, 06:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Honest???  You call that honest?  You skated the question.  Again, I backed up my claims with proof. You have not.  You stated that the Telsa  beat both the Durango and the Chrysler 300 in crash tests. Prove it...
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

And since we seem to be on the topic of honesty, I have a question for you david.  You said, and I quote:

Quote from: dnalexander on May 19, 2009, 09:18:20 PM
Billy I know because I am very aware of Tesla since I live a few blocks from them and know the founder.
David

I was wondering just how far is it from San Fransico to San Carlos or from SF to Menlo Park or SF to LA?  The reason I ask is that the addresses listed on the Tesla Motors website don't mention San Fransico??? How is that possible since you only live a few blocks from them??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

dnalexander

Billy I live in between the San Carlos-Belmont border in an unincorporated area of the county of San Mateo. Keep trying.

David

Varmit

Okay, david, you got me on that one. I was going on a reference you made about being in San Fransico, my bad.  I guess that was a personal attack and I shouldn't have done it, I apologize.

However, back to my question about crash tests...wheres the proof?

dnalexander

Billy, I will be totally honest with you  since I know you spent some time checking things out. I will also, say that besides agreeing with you on things related to smaller government, which is why I live in an unincorporated area that refuses attempts to be annexed into any of the three cities that surround us, I appreciate all the post you do. I think you more than anyone else reply to just about every post directed to you and I respect that. Some times I feel your tone is overly harsh and you seem always to be angry to me. Now back your question on my crash test statement. As the article that you posted and I stated the information on the crash test pm the Tesla cars has not been published and the article you posted is a persons true opinion of the Tesla Roadster which is a sports car  and accurate to some extent on that specific car. Due to the carbon fiber body on the Roadster it does not measure up to the Durango and the 300 in some of the traditional crash tests. Due to it being a sports car that rival and surpasses the famed Ferrari in performance it is a spectacular representation of what future cars will be. Due to it being a sports car very good care was taken in putting a pod of survivability greater than that could be found in most passenger cars. The other two cars mentioned on the website that are much more everyday cars are have exceptional crash ratings in all categories even the ones you spoke of. Due to the fact that they also, are not in production they too have not published data that you were referring to on the Dodges. I am also sure you are aware that the Durango gets a very low score 3 out of 5 for rollover danger. The main point of my posting the article that I hope you took the time to read was due to the fact that Daimler took a 10% stake in Tesla which is a several hundred million dollar company even in its infancy. My guess is that eventually the Tesla cars which I see almost every day will become a part of a much larger auto company. In my opinion the thing that they will be most noted for is there research in battery design and the drive train patents that they have. My admiration of Tesla Motors is the fact they have come up with an electric car that actually can compete on speed and mileage with gas engine cars due to the fact they have a around 250 miles per day before needing a recharge. They are still not a replacement for gas cars, but they are way ahead of any electric cars on the market, which tend to go 60 miles in a day. Thanks for spending some time researching them. Also, if you ever come to San Carlos I will take you to the Sky Kitchen at the San Carlos Airport and you can talk to the boys from Tesla in person.

David

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk