I am indeed privelidged

Started by sixdogsmom, February 05, 2009, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I got to see a bald eagle again today. I have seen them several times here in Elk County, but this one was riding the air currents, hunting on the ground and he came very close to my vehicle as I went down the highway toward Elk Falls. Awesome!

Has anyone seen the snow geese this year? The ones that are white and use Elk City Reservoir in late winter. Maybe the weather has been too nice for them to come this far south?

I had a dream about humming birds last night; hope that means an early spring! LOL!  ;D ;D
Edie

patyrn

The last time I was in Elk County a couple of weeks ago, we were west of Severy on Highway 400 and saw a beautiful bald eagle soaring out of the trees near the Needle in a Haystack quilt shop.  I don't remember ever seeing an eagle out in nature before--only in zoos.  It was amazing, and I was so excited!

sixdogsmom

We used to see a lot of them when the locker was open. They dumped their innards, hides and such in a ravine up north of town. You would see the eagles regularly there; I suppose they caught the critters that were dining on those scraps. We used to drive to the west side of the lake also, as they roosted in those trees. That is a beautiful sight to see them perched with a band of sunlight over them. We live in a beautiful country.  :D :D
Edie

pam

We have a couple pairs of eagles that nest here every winter, I got this right off my front porch the other day! Stella, a town bout the size of Severy is about 7 miles NE of here and they have dozens that winter there every year. It is one of the most awesome sights I've ever seen! I went there last week to pay my phone bill and there was probly 30 eagles in the trees and field along the spring outside of town. I've been back several times with my camera but havent seen that many back in one spot since :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

jensarlou

I work for Winn-Dixie grocery at their warehouse and we have a nesting couple that live right by the complex.  We have 3 large retension ponds so they love to feed around here.  We don't see them every day but at least 3 or 4 times a month.  That is more than I ever saw them while living in Howard.  I did find this picture of the eagles on the Kenai peninsula in Alaska.  I would love to see them in person.  There is at least 60 of them just in this picture.  ENJOY!!!

Diane Amberg

We are starting to see eagles much more common here too. I know where your snow geese are....Here! We have 'way too many and they are really tearing things up. The hunting season has been extended, and electronic calls are being allowed. Fish and wildlike would like to reduce them by half.

sixdogsmom

The big white geese? We have oodles of the Canada geese, but I haven't seen any snow geese this year.  :( :(
Edie

Judy Harder

there was a huge mess of them over by the Elk City Lake when I went to Independence yesterday.
They were feeding in the wheat field as usual......................so they are still here.
We haven't had snow to keep them in one place, they search the area for the grain left behind.

I still get a kick out of seeing them as I go by, or they fly over me when I am out walking.
Gives my heart a jolt when I hear them.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

Awesome pictures everyone. Thanks for posting them.
They are a magnificent bird...Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to ride the wind and soar high in the sky having the eyesight to be able to see a tiny field mouse in the weeds and grasses?  :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Having the eyesight without soaring would be nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk