Is there a market here in the area for..

Started by srkruzich, January 30, 2009, 11:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Sweet memories of the days my Grandfather harvested honey.  Fresh honey with honeycomb on warm toast or biscuits or just plain bread and butter.  I always preferred the honey with a big chunk of comb in the jar.  Grandma Edwards always had a ball of beeswax in her sewing basket.  I have one in mine right now and use it when I repair Lucy's toys she chews a hole in.  Grandma used her's when she was sewing a sole back on or repairing a torn seam in our shoes.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

I'm kind of dense and clueless, Flo, but how do you use beeswax for sewing and repairs?  How does it help your job?

flo

you run your thread or string thru the beeswax ball and it strengthens it
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

Thanks--I had no idea................................

srkruzich

Beeswax is used in the stitching thread that you use for leather tack as well as the fishing line on a flyrod. :)
Helps make the line float on top of the water
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

I use waxed thread to make my dreamcatchers, the wax grabs ahold and makes my knots tighter and stronger. For the leather bags I make too.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Ms Bear

Have you read the Jan. 29, 09 issue of the Prairie Star.  It might answer some of your questions about the bee venture.

Ms Bear

srkruzich

Quote from: Ms Bear on February 05, 2009, 08:04:30 PM
Have you read the Jan. 29, 09 issue of the Prairie Star.  It might answer some of your questions about the bee venture.

Ms Bear

:) I just saw it. :)  I have already ordered my bees for spring.  Here's hoping for a good year. :)

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on February 07, 2009, 09:38:54 AM
Hope you have a smoker coming also. ;D
LOL yeah but i rarely use a smoker unless their upset over something.  :)  But i keep one handy in case. :)
Most of the time using a smoker aggrevates the hive and pushes the bees back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk