Needing Liver Transplant

Started by Marcia Moore, February 03, 2009, 07:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

For those of you who may know Teresa Vancil, you may wish to send her a card.  She is in the hospital awaiting a liver transplant.  Teresa is the bank manager / teller at the Severy branch of the Home Bank & Trust Co.  For those of you who don't personally know her, she is Steve Vancil's wife.  Teresa is in Wesley Medical Center; 550 N. Hillside; Building 4, Room #827; Wichita, KS 67214.

Teresa

I hope she gets what she needs very soon.
Is there a long waiting list for livers?
I'm a full organ donor and I wish more people would think about all the lives that could be saved and helped with all of the Body Parts that we could donate and give.
( I mean after all..... .you have everything you need when you get to the other side ;) )
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

patyrn

Is this a problem she has had for some time or has her medical condition developed recently?  I certainly hope there is a match for her soon!  Blessings to her and her family!

Karen I.

Marcia Moore

It is my understanding that Teresa has not been feeling good for a year or so, and the last month or two she has been sick quite a bit and had to miss work several times.  She got so sick about ten days ago that she ended up in the hospital.  As far as how long it takes to get a donor liver for a transplant, I'm sure that would vary depending on several things, but I have no idea, really.  Hopefully it will be soon, as I have heard she is in quite a lot of pain.   

Ms Bear

Wanting to be a donor is not enough, once you decide you want to, then make sure it is noted on your drivers license and then let your family members know how you feel.  They are the ones that will be left to give the permission to the hospital.  Knowing that they are doing what you wanted makes it so much easier at a very bad time.

I have told my children that I want to be a donor and they have told me they feel the same.  I try to keep up with medical information on them that would be needed should the time come.  Hopefully I will be able to make someone's life better.

Ms Bear

Marcia Moore

For those wishing to send a card, Teresa has been moved to the St. Francis Hospital in Wichita. 

srkruzich

You know you can be a liver donor if your type matches without having to go to the other side.  :P
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

I know................
:P (back at cha')
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk