Freezing drizzle on the way

Started by indygal, January 26, 2009, 06:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

That's ok Diane, we got ice first and then snow!

We love to share!.........and boy am I tired of winter.
Hasn't done my arthritis any good at all..............
I can't wait to gripe about heat for a change.

I know right now, unless there is a lot of humidity, I won't be crabby at all
This is the first year I have actually thought about becoming a "snow-bird" but
I don't know how far south I would have to go to get comfortable

AND Cabin fever is sitting in also...........grrrrrrrrrrr.!!!!
warm enough.

God bless

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

pam

i'm sittin in a winter wonderland :P No snow just ICE been icing since about noon yesterday and still icin! There were over 200 wrecks between 3 and 6 last night just in SW Missouri. Oldest son and his partner have a towing/wrecker service, He called to see if I was ok and the scanner was goin like crazy in the background, said they were swamped :P Everybody stay safe and warm!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

No wonderland here; a little ice, a little snow and waaayyyy tooo much cold! It is supposed to warm up this weekend, come on weekend!  :D :D
Edie

Wilma

Judy, when you get to feeling really bad, think of me.  I have been out of the house exactly twice this year.  Once to the doctor and once to take some water to the birdbath so the little birds could have a drink.  That was a lovely day.

sixdogsmom

But Wilma, I suspect that your mind has been many places indeed. The way that you like to read and your many contacts keep you 'with it'! BTW, did you all hear the thunder snow last night? I had to check with someone else to confirm that I had heard thunder and seen lightning and not dreamed it.
Edie

Judy Harder

Oh Dear!
I seem to remember (I know with my brain that is amazing!) that when you hear thunder in January and with snow
that means we still have some nasty weather coming...............ok all you who have brains that work..............what do you remember about this adage?
I think it meant that on the date you hear it that is how many more snows we are going to have.
Bring on the "Fox-Fire" minds...........remember that book.........Ozark myths and lore.

Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

heather_tyler_2014

Yeah...I heard the "thunder snow" also, it was something I've never seen befrore... Quite ODD
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

heather_tyler_2014

Just heard the bad news....:( No school tommarow :( :(
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Wilma

The thunder woke me up, too.  I have never heard about thunder in January.  The one I always heard was thunder in February meant that we would have a good corn year.

You're right, SDM, I don't really stay home.  Only my body does.  And the friends on this forum are the best.  They can take you anywhere, answer any question and really brighten up your day.

sixdogsmom

Judy, just you bite your tongue saying we might have 27 more snows this winter! For shame! LOL! I do know there is some sort of saying about thunder snow--- anyone? I guess I will google it.  8)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk