New show on HG TV

Started by Catwoman, February 01, 2009, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Hey, you all...there's going to be a new design show coming on to HG TV, "Dear Genevieve" starring Genevieve Gorder, a really good designer.  In a world of Genevieve wanna-be's, she is truly unique.  It always amazes me how she can take relatively simple things and make them outstanding.  It made me think about all of the neat things that I use to decorate with...I love to use Elk Falls Pottery to make a focal point in a corner.  Generally, I try for as many ascending lines as is possible, to draw the eye up from off of the floor.  What do you all do to dress up your homes?

indygal

One word for me: eclectic. No particular theme or style, just things I enjoy looking at that are a bit out of the ordinary. Our home is basically one big room, so even though I have different kinds of furniture in the same space, I think it all looks OK together. None of it is fancy or expensive -- it's either been handed down or bought at thrift shops -- but it reflects my personality fairly well. I suppose if there are any unifying motifs, they would be wood (light, not dark and heavy), glass table tops, some accents in black, and colorful decorative items scattered about. Oh, and I do love old photo portraits of people I don't know. LOL

Catwoman

I especially love the old tintypes that I find in the antique shoppes...the one thing I can't figure is why anyone sells those things...you know they have to be family momentos.

Maude

Most people sell tins because they do not know the person in the picture and no one in family bothered to put a name on it.
Maude

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk