Longton

Started by Judy Harder, January 19, 2009, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Sirens have been sounding off for the past 15 minutes or so..........One a fire-call and then I heard either sheriff or ambulance go by and maybe another deputy vehicle.

Any idea..........?? Sure wish I had a scanner............but, don't. I also didn't feel like standing out in the cold wind and watch to see which way they went.

Talk to me........and tell us what is going on.

Thanks.........Judy...........a caring (nosy) neighbor.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

I called the grocery store and Richard said there was a trailer  home on fire in the south end of Longton.

When I hear any more I will let you know..........think I know who lives there.....but, not sure.
It is south of where Palmers used to live.............Judy
Here I am Lord, use me!

Clubine Ranch

Judy Harder

No, I am sorry............I haven't spoken to any locals today.

I had to go get a fasting blood test this morning and I have spent the rest of day
watching HISTORY being made...........

I did run into the cafe when I got home, I needed to see Bev and tell her I would not be in
today......and I did see the person who's place was suppose to be involved...........no one acted like it
was a big deal, but I will  let you know when I find out.

Maybe some of the fire people here or the sheriff's office might know and tell us.
when I hear I will relate it.

Judy
Here I am Lord, use me!

kshillbillys

Jackie Davis' trailer house burned. She has 12 year old and 9 year old daughters and from what I hear they lost a lot. There is a donaton jar at the grocery store for clothes and household appliances.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Bonnie M.

Was anyone injured?  It's always sad when a home burns, and everything is lost.
Bonnie

Teresa

If it is possible... could you maybe have someone talk with her and see if and what she needs? I know that usually people say,
"well she needs everything".. but generally that isn't the case..as when you have to go through lots of 'donations of given items'.. then there are lots of things you can not use and other things that you have lots of..

I am sure she maybe can list all the items that she hasn't received yet.. and I betcha we here in the other towns can round them up and get them to her. Fire is such a devastation when it takes everything you have.

Also sizes of the kids and her clothes would be good.

Thanks......
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk