School Board Elections coming up

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, January 07, 2009, 01:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

It was brought to my attention that there are going to be some seats open on the School Board.  I wanted everyone to know this and to think about our school and maybe thinking about running.  Just thought I would throw this out there to all.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

redcliffsw

If you are considering a run at it, here's a booklet entitled "So You Want to be a School Board Member - 2009 Guide for School Board Candidates".  It appears several places on the web including here:

http://www2.usd260.com/documents/ac-esc/SoYouWanttoBeaBoardMember2009.pdf

Besides the state & Fed control of the "public" schools, it looks like there are state and national school board associations which carry weight too.  Must be why many are calling them government schools nowdays.

Catwoman

Whose seats are coming up for re-election? 

Warph

Hmmmmmm.......  :-\ :-\ :-\  .... be on the lookout for corruption and dirty politics to raise its mighty head.   ;)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

ROTFLM_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Warph...you are a hoot!  ;D

L Hendricks

I don't know the numbers but Vicky Wedman, Connie Russell, and Casey Smith's seats all are up for re-elections... I have heard that our own PEP has filed for Vicky Wedman's position.  Vicky told me herself she wasn't running again.  I am not sure about the other two. GO PEP!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk