Main Menu

Change?

Started by redcliffsw, December 08, 2008, 07:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Wonder how all the O supporters will rationalize this one?  I heard on NPR this morning that the 'change' will come through the policies instituted, not the people doing the instituting of those policies.  WHAT???????????????  Can anyone spell double-speak???

Warph

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind.  To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse.  To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better.  To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.  To Obama's point of view.... The more things change, the more they remain... insane.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

Nothin EVER changes till the PEOPLE get a belly full and grow the cajones needed to facilitate the change................check your history...all "great" powers last a couple centuries or so and then they become so corrupt that the people rise up and overthrow them or at least attempt to. In my opinion we've reached the "let them eat cake" point.............
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Change? I'd change a couple wall hangings if you'd paint me that picture you're using, Pam.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

I was noticing that picture, too...man, that's a good one.

Teresa

AVAILABLE SOON AT A 'RE-DISTRIBUTION' CENTER NEAR  YOU !!!!

DELICIOUS WHEN SERVED WITH 'ACORN' SQUASH !!!

WARNING:   CONSUMPTION WILL CAUSE NEED FOR 'JOE THE PLUMBER' !!!!!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

What a hoot...by the way...did you see O's picture on the front page of Yahoo?  He's wearing what appears to be a jerry-curl cap along with a very irritated look.  Maybe our media's infatuation with Super O is beginning to wane...we can only hope.  I am looking forward to as much slander being printed about O as has been bandied about regarding President Bush...and we'll see if O handles it with as much grace under pressure as President Bush has shown.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk