What Kind Of A Bargain Would It Take?

Started by sixdogsmom, December 01, 2008, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LShortt

Quote from: Warph on December 05, 2008, 01:39:41 AM

Or, here's a novel concept, perhaps they can rule the unfortunate death as an accident, poke society in its craw, and mumble a few words about self-control and the spirit of the holidays, and wait for the next strange circumstance to unfold.  Perhaps a man will leave his cell phone at a McDonald's with nude pictures of his wife, the pictures will show up online, and the man will sue McDonald's.

AMEN!!!  It's sad that we/society have been reduced to always looking for and placing the blame on SOMEONE else.  We/society are rarely willing to take blame for our own decisions and actions.  Whatever happened to RESPECT, COURTESY, RESPONSIBILITY, and SELF-CONTROL??  The unbelievable tragedy that happened is not  due to the fault of Walmart.  That's ridiculous.  That incident could have happened at any large store that Friday morning.  Tyring to lay blame on the retailer is a scapegoat.

greatguns

I personally believe there is blame to be put on the people and also the stores for encouraging people to fight over the five items that are such a bargain.

pam

Quote from: greatguns on December 07, 2008, 08:55:06 PM
I personally believe there is blame to be put on the people and also the stores for encouraging people to fight over the five items that are such a bargain.

That was my opinion too.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

LShortt

Quote from: greatguns on December 07, 2008, 08:55:06 PM

Well, if you are going to place blame with the retailer then don't forget the media.  Without the media to constantly push the advertising, that advertising & marketing agencies have developed, to push down everyone's proverbial throats the public wouldn't be aware of what they need to froth at the mouth to get out there and kill to buy.  I guess then we should actually blame the media for the publics lack of self-control, lack of respect, and inability to make rational decisions.  See, there is a whole new group out there to blame!!

greatguns

pam

How about we put the blame where it goes.......with our whole stupid greedy materialistic culture that puts more value on stuff than they do on people................................................................eveybody mentioned bears a little bit of the blame from the people who hype the stuff up to the stores who lock people out until they are in a frenzy to the stupid people who think some stupid toy or tv or whatever is worth WHATEVER they have to do to get it even kill somebody. It makes me pukin sick........
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

greatguns

I agree Pam.  Maybe I should have said I believe the cause of it instead of using the word blame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk