Local Children To Attend Nutcracker Ballet

Started by perkinscreekranch, December 04, 2008, 02:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perkinscreekranch

Marilyn and Larry Galvan have enjoyed "The Nutcracker" by the Wichita Ballet many times with their children and grandchildren.  So they proposed an exciting project for the Elk County Community and Education Foundation to sponsor an elementary school trip to "The Nutcracker "by Ballet Wichita.

Grades 1-4 from Moline, Severy and Longton elementary schools will attend the Friday December 12th  morning performance.  There will be 140 students plus supervision by teachers and assistants.

Several people have already asked about donating to support this event and future projects.  Tax deductible donations for the tickets in any amount would be appreciated. $7 will send one student; $35 will send 5 students or $105 will send 15 students to this wonderful event.  Donations can be given to ECCEF members or mailed to ECCEF P O Box 956, Howard, KS 67349.

Kudos to Larry and Marilyn for their tremendous community spirit!

Clubine Ranch

Larry and Marilyn are truly special to our community. They came in, got to know the people and really take an active interest. One of their Granddaughters was a ballerina in The Nutcracker for several years. (They are also the type of people that bring you food when you recuperate from majoy surgery...not once, not twice but serveral times.) Yes, this is another wonderful event the children of our school system get to do thru the generousity of people in the community. Kate, sure glad you posted this so others will know some more of the good things in the Elk Konnected area. Barbara

patyrn

We just got our Prairie News today and were so impressed to see that the elementary students were going to get to attend "The Nutcracker"  performance.  What a special opportunity for many who might not otherwise ever get to experience the"wonder" of this ballet.  Hopefully this can continue to be a yearly event for the kids of Elk County, and I encourage everyone to contribute to this fund to ensure it continues for many years.  What an unselfish Christmas gift!!!

Catwoman

I am proud to count Larry and Marilyn as being friends of mine...this is so like them, to do this for the young people in their area! :angel: Many people will talk a good show...but it is people like Larry and Marilyn who will put their money where their mouth is...and act upon it.  I know that the kids will have a wonderful time! :D :D

ddurbin

Anyone have a report on how this trip turned out?

pepelect

My local child had a great time.   She said that boys don't like to sit and watch plays but they did anyway only one fell asleep and he was faking......    I think this should be added to the music curriculum.  Opera, Symphany, jazz bands, and arena concerts are all things that we don't offer in Elk County.  We have some local musical talent but it would be nice to expose children to something good from the big city not just the commercial side. 

connie

I have a Granddaughter that attends Longton Elem. as a 1st grader,she came to visit us here at Howard this weekend. .i asked how her week at school was,she says the best was going to go see the Nutcracker,she went on and on about the show.And yes I too agree that our children from small communities should be able to have the same experience that city children have.I drove a School Bus for 15 years here and for Wichita,the best times was taking kids to Century II to see progrmas and to be there and see some of these kids faces light up,made me feel good that I was able to attend with them.You can count me in to help send kids to see programs elsewhere.Lets keep Elk County going.

Teresa

Ashley absolutely loved it. Told me all about it.
That was just awesome that the kids got to go see something like this.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk