what music do ya like and why?

Started by pam, November 24, 2008, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Country Music all the way............. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Clubine Ranch

Rock n Roll and country music from the fifties or sixties when we want to dance. Anything Bob Wills.
Gregorian Chant and Southern gospel when I need a little extra time talking to the Man Upstairs.
Mannheim Steamrollers when the weather turns to looking like it is Christmas.
The Oklahoma Balladeer "Les Gillaim" with his songs, sonnets or stories. Oh there are a lot of good ones that do this including the County Agent from Greenwood County..Jeff Davidson.
Truthfully I just love music, except for hard metal and rap. The rest is great depending on the mood I'm in.
And yes, yes, yes when it's a child singing from the heart.

bfrankjack

Proverbs 14:23
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Rudy Taylor

I like all music is it is performed live. My preferences are choral arrangements with orchestral background, chamber music and other classical pieces. But I also like groups like "The Hot Club of Cowtown," and other sweet melodies of western swing. I like all the Bill Gaither Homecoming groups, too.  I love drippy, smooth jazz and my favorite singers are Diana Krall and Michael Buble. But my IPod also has several gregorian chants, so line up anybody and I'll listen.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Catwoman

I like a little of everything...except that music which would fall under the "extreme" category...and, I absolutely can't stand anything that has a whiney sound to it...I get enough of whining at school...I don't need it in my music! lol

pam

Man I feel like the lone wolf on this one! LOL Only metalhead in the place :P Lol, when I was young John Denver was my hero..then we went to our family reunion and my cousin was listenin to Deep Purple on his stereo,,,was on Smoke On the Water and I was.. THAT is awesome,,the rest is just history! From there to Judas Priest, Rush, Pantera, Motorhead, Metallica, from John Denver bein my hero to Slash to zakk wylde LOL

Although Charley Daniels, Jerry Jeff walker, David Allen Coe, Lynrd Skynrd, and a few  more of those made a few bucks off of me too! I like jason Aldean, the song Fall by Clay Walker....I just like music...if it's good I don't care what genre it is...music speaks to you in different ways on different days.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pepelect

You are not alone just out in front..........not the only metalhead.   Not even close. John Denver is dead.  He fell asleep flying and listening to his own music........Angus is a guitar wizard.       

DolphinsLEM

Well if Cody is in the car, then it is Choo Choo Soul, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or Dr. Jean's song Alligator or the Bear Hunt Song.  If he is not in the car, then I listen to pretty much anything.

Wilma

S-S

Oh yeah! Christmas music all the way. Carol of the Bells is my all time favorite!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk