BOLES, Darryl Dean - b. February 19, 1942 - d. November 22, 2008

Started by Marcia Moore, November 23, 2008, 07:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Darryl D. Boles, age 66, a resident of Fredonia, KS passed away Saturday, November 22, 2008 at his home.  He was born on February 19, 1942 in Wichita, Kansas the son of Harry "Dean" and Flora Elizabeth (Noakes) Boles.
     He was a graduate of Fall River High School class of 1960.  In April 1965 Darryl joined the Topeka Fire Department.  He rose to the rank of Deputy Chief and retired in December of 1994.  He was proud to follow in his father's footsteps as a member of Greenwood County Masonic Lodge #163.  After retirement, Darryl moved to Fredonia, where he enjoyed ranching, raising cattle, and supplying fun on the farm for his grandchildren.
     On May 24, 1974 Darryl was united in marriage to Carol Faye Johnson in Topeka, KS and she survives at their home.  Other survivors include his mother, Flora Boles of Fredonia, KS; four sons; Brent Boles, John Donald, Joe Donald, and Jeff Donald, all of Topeka, KS; one daughter, Brenda Fenner of Flower Mound, TX; one sister, Colleen Robert of Fredonia, KS; thirteen grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his father, Dean Boles, and one son, Jay Donald.
     Funeral services with Masonic rites will be held at 10:00 AM Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at Countryside Funeral Home with Pastor Charlotte Coates officiating.  Public viewing will be from 9 a.m. until service time on Wednesday.  Interment will be at 3:00 p.m. at Half Day Cemetery in Topeka, KS.  The family suggests contributions to the Capper Foundation for Crippled Children and they may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside Funeral Home P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, Kansas 66736.
     (Darryl was Tim's first cousin.  He was raised in Fall River.  Many may remember that Darryl's first wife was Jessie Hughes of Severy.)

flo

I am so sorry to hear this.  When I moved to Fredonia (for a couple years) after Lewis passed away, I bought my house from Darryl. He and his wife were such good people and we remained friends even after I left Fredonia.  Carol is a sweet person and of course I first met him when he was married to Jessie many years ago.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk