Are Our freedoms In Toruble?

Started by Diane Amberg, November 06, 2008, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I've never thought my opinions were "crap", but if that's the case, I'll take my east coast ideas and disappear into the sunrise.

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Mom70x7

Diane -

As a liberal Democrat living in Howard, KS - I'm often told my ideas are "crap."
Usually I keep my mouth shut and just keep on doing.

When you look at the whole picture, maybe us'ns are what make life work.
Without fertilizer, nothing grows!  :D   ;D   :D   ;D   :D

Howell4ever

Diane dont go and dissapear on us... I didnt mean it to come out like everyones ideas were crap because they are not... Everyone on here have their own ideas their own thoughts and believe what they want thats the good thing about America is that we all have the right to our own way of thinking... Others including myself have taken offence in the past  to things people have wrote on here and people have gotten angry and frustrated and its just time for all that CRAP too change or lighten up abit thats all....Thats what I think anyway thats it no biggie!!! Thats why I put the whole LOL on there I was just playing around not being serious...And the restricting panties means alot of times my thoughts sometimes come from my ass and not my head if any of you get that hahaha.....So everyone have a good day and God bless America .  LIFE IS ONLY WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!!!!  So breath in the air and enjoy...

Diane Amberg

Howell4ever

mtcookson

Quote from: Howell4ever on November 06, 2008, 01:46:02 PMBLahblahblahblah they are going to take our guns away blah blah blah what about our guns  its the same thing over and over  give it a rest the man just got elected President of the United States people.... Your pride or your stupiditiy wont even give the man a chance at all.....  Its old find something new to bitch about people something we havent heard over and over and over..

And so it begins...

Originally posted here: http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

But that page has been temporarily removed because of already stupid ideas they want to implement that got a lot of criticism.

Anyway... you can now see it here.

QuoteAddress Gun Violence in Cities:
As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Quote from: NRA-ILA"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

This is only the beginning... :'(

Howell4ever

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Im over and done with the negative things thank you for trying to keep it up though. ;D ::) ::)

Teresa

So sad............... 
That anything said with Proof to back it up ...that goes against the Liberal agenda is considered negative  by some.
Anyone can scream their opinion..and laugh mindlessly when they are uninformed.. Blowing it off as negative or racist or use the "whatever syndrome" 
But you took the time to answer the post with some valid information...that can be backed up with documentation.
That is some honest information that related to this topic.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Mark
I appreciate and commend your knowledge and your efforts.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Howell4ever

what I meant by the IM DONE WITH NEGATIVE THINGS was that I am not going to get involved in any more back and forth comments to anyone on here anymore..... Didnt say anything was racist or negative out of anything said sorry..THATS ALL!  I believe what I believe in you believe in what you do Im not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine at all. You believe your well informed I believe Im well informed... You have issues that are more important to you and I have issues that are more important to me.  So its not a whatever syndrome its a Im done getting into it for nothing syndrome..  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk