TURNIPS

Started by Wilma, November 17, 2008, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Did anyone raise any this year?  And do you have more than you can use?  I would sure like to have a few and I would be glad to come get them if it isn't too far out in the boonies.  I have been waiting for Julie to get some home raised ones, but daughter says she hasn't seen any up there.

S-S

Wilma, I have a whole grocery sack full you can have. Billy is the only one who eats them and he isn't eating them fast enough!

Wilma

When could I come get them?  I think I know the way.  One quarter mile south of Joetta and Dan, right?

S-S

If you really want to, you may come get them anytime. I'm always home. I could bring them to you also, if you don't want to make the drive out here.

And yes, that's where I am.

Wilma

How about this afternoon after 3:00 unless you are coming to town anyway.  And if I come out is there anything I can pick up for you?

S-S

This afternoon will be just fine. I plan to finish planting tulips so I will be here. And thank you for asking, but I was in town for groceries yesterday.

S-S

Wilma, we picked more turnips last night. We only picked the ones that were getting huge. They needed to be out of the ground before they "exploded". I cut a bunch up last night so we could freeze them, I hope that works.

Anyhow, would you like more? I'd be happy to bring them to you. Although my chickens might be dissapointed that they don't get to eat the bugs off the front of your car.

frawin

I seem to remember that when my parents dug the turnips, they dug a fairly deep spot, lined it with straw and put the turnips down in the straw, covered the place back and mounded it up.  I can remember coming home from school, heading out to get a turnip, to wash & peel for an after-school snack!

Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk