NBC POLL

Started by Jo McDonald, November 16, 2008, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC.
NBC POLL

Do you believe that the word God should stay in American culture?

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance
14 % against

That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

It is said that 86% of Americans believe the word God should stay.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Why is the world catering to this 14%?

AMEN!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

Because this country has become so sensitive to being 'politically correct', along with suing those who aren't, that we've begun to lose our national identity just to fit the whims of a few squeaky wheels.  It amazes me how a few can rule the majority...our country sure wasn't founded and perpetuated on these modern-day 'ideals'.  It's a damn good thing that we had some forefathers with the guts to stand up to the weaker individuals and demand some conformity to our society...otherwise, we would have been just another failed human experiment in the fabric of world-wide time.  As it is, we're headed that direction, if we don't get control of the situation soon.

Wilma

Maybe we all should "squeak" louder.

Catwoman

Actually, if the content of the emails being sent around is anything to judge by, I'd say there's a backlash brewing...it seems like people are getting pretty fed up with the few holding total sway over the many.  About time, too.

pam

Even if they SUCCEED in takin the WORDS away they ain't REALLY winnin anything! God doesn't go away just cause somebody says he don't exist, if he didn't really exist why do people even bother to try to prove he don't? I don't care what my money says or whatever...anybody who can't see God in the eyes of little children or in the rain, in deer runnin across a field, in a Mom holdin her kids, cookin a meal, in a Dad playin ball or cookin or fixin for his family is already dead and they are to be pitied not hated.

I'm all for square pegs Catwoman...most of the great ideas in history came from square pegs who refused to conform to "society" and thought their own thoughts. The people who founded our country WERE square pegs that's why they were here lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

The whole point of the liberal revolution that gave rise to the 1960's was to free us from somebody else's dogma, but now the same people...are striving to impose on others a secularized religion...disguising it behind innocuous labels like 'diversity training' and 'respect for difference.'
                                    ~Richard Bernstein~

Lol, thought y'all would appreciate this.............the more things change the more they stay the same.....we haven't really made any progress in thousands of years, just the continual changin of the guard....
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk