Fires

Started by greatguns, November 15, 2008, 10:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

Has anyone heard how my California forum friends are doing with all the fires.  My prayers are with each and every one of them.

sixdogsmom

Been thinking about those folks all day. Too bad so many have lost their homes and now they are saying that many may have lost their lives. God keep those in harms' way.
Edie

Wilma

I think Bonnie is south of the fire area, but they watch the news pretty closely.  I think I would rather watch for tornadoes than fires.

frawin

Just saw on the news this A.M. that there are now fires around Anaheim and Orange County and down toward Long Beach.  Don't know specifics.
Talked to our daughter yesterday, she is in the Long Beach Area, and said the smoke was so bad there, that visibility was bad, and the air was terrible to breathe.  The temperatures are very hot there as well, as they have been in a heat wave for several days.
I also heard on the news this A.M. that Los Angeles was having blackouts in some areas due to some big power transformers being down.

I believe that Bonnie lives between Long Beach and San Diego.

Myrna

Catwoman

How is David?  Where does he live?  Anywhere near where all this is going on? 

greatguns

I've got a cousin that lives at Corona.  I know there is fire there.  I truly am worried about her.  Haven't been able to get a hold of her.

frawin

Quote from: Catwoman on November 16, 2008, 09:49:48 AM
How is David?  Where does he live?  Anywhere near where all this is going on? 
David lives at Belmont just South of San Francisco, and not near the fires.

Catwoman

I'm so glad to hear that.  Would hate to think he's in harm's way.

Bonnie M.

Hello, from the fire area!  We do live about 75 or 100 miles south of the fires.  At first, they were further North, then as each new fire broke out, they were closer, as Yorba Linda is probably 75 or so miles north of us.  We have been watching them "live" on a TV station in L. A., "KTLA."  We are so very thankful that the fires didn't break out down here in San Diego County.  With the humidity so low, and the Santa Ana winds blowing like they do, and the temperature goes up, it is a very dangerous situation.   

As is always the case, the fires have been devastating to so many people.  Living out here, we have "the good, the bad and the ugly!"  These fires are both bad, and ugly!

I think that the fire that was in the Corona area moved on west, into Yorba Linda, as the winds blow the fires west/southwest.  Hopefully, your cousin is O.K.
Bonnie

sixdogsmom

We are certainly happy to hear that all is well at your house Bonnie. Such a shame that this happens every year, it is too bad that some solution cannot be found to prevent all that.  :'( :'(
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk