Youth Basketball

Started by bfrankjack, November 04, 2008, 10:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrankjack

Is there a Elk Co or City Basketball program for the elementary kids or is it with the school? 
Proverbs 14:23
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Teresa

I have no idea... but maybe someone knows who to ask to find out.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

momof 2boys

As far as I know there is no such program.  Our community greatly needs a rec program for our youth as well as adults.  If a team should happen to form it is only if a parent has the initiative to pull it together and get uniforms, schedule games, and locate a league to join. 

flo

I don't know about this year, but last year my 6th grade granddaughter played basketball that wasn't connected to the school.  The team played at Moline and played teams around close.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

littlelamb

bfrankjack what type of dog is that in the picture?

bfrankjack

Well he is a JackRat
Jack Russell & Rat Terrier

bfrankjack

If there is such a program this year.  Depending on the schedule I  would be interested in helping or coaching a team. Thanks

heather_tyler_2014

Last year 17 of us or so played on a team coached by Johanna Silvey and Amarris Holland and we had so much fun...I don't know if there will be a team this season since 6th grade is at the high school??? well if I know their is a team I'll let you know
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

sixdogsmom

heather, make sure your mom is involved with this, okay? 
Edie

Tobina+1

I don't know if this ended up being posted on another thread or not, but there's a new teacher at the HS (Mr. Williams?) who said he's putting together a youth basketball league for all the kids in the county (including Longton and Grenola, not just kids who attend West Elk).  He said he's still working out details, but it sounds like it will be 2nd through 6th grades.  He said they plan to have sign-ups in December. 
bfrank; if you are interested in helping out, we'll see if any school people can remind me who this teacher is and get his name to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk