Statements I won't forget.

Started by Teresa, October 31, 2008, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Great Orators of the Democratic Party...

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
- Andrew Jackson

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
- Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'
- John F. Kennedy

And for today's democrats...

'It depends what your definition of 'IS' is?''
- Bill Clinton

'That Obama - I would like to cut his NUTS off.'
- Jesse Jackson

'Those rumors are false .... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
- John Edwards

'I invented the Internet'
- Al Gore

'The next Person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ***.'
- Joe Biden

'America is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh what it was once was...uh, and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that future, uh, uh for my children.' ''
- Barack Obama

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.
  - Barack Obama

'You don't need God anymore, you have us democrats.'
- Nancy Pelosi     (said back in 2006)

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'
- Hillary Clinton    (said back in 1998)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

greatguns

Got any from any great republican orators?

ELK@KC

Quote from: greatguns on October 31, 2008, 05:06:51 PM
Got any from any great republican orators?
Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.
- Sir Winston Churchill 
This could include a woman as well.

ELK@KC

Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.
- Karl Rove

ELK@KC

I will make a bargain with the Democrats. If they will stop telling lies about Republicans, we will stop telling the truth about them.

frawin

Now Diane think about that, you know there is no way that Winston Churchill would be as liberal thinking as the typical Democrat of today, if he was the British would all be speaking German.

sixdogsmom

If I remember correctly we had a democrat in office during WWII.
Edie

greatguns

ELK@KC, one more time, I won't argue with a fool becaause a bystander can't tell which is a fool.  Don't judge me because you don't know me or I you.

sixdogsmom

Don't worry GG, I know which is not the fool, and they certainly don't quote Karl Rove!! LOL!!!  ;D ;D
Edie

Catwoman

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 31, 2008, 06:50:48 PM
If I remember correctly we had a democrat in office during WWII.
Hmmmm...there's a good research question for Warph, David, Frank, Diane, or Teresa...In the history of the USA, given the numbers of wars or involvements that we've been forced to endure, what is the number of Democrats vs. Repub's who were in the Presidency?  Which political party has been in control the most when we've been shoved into harm's way?  I have no gut feeling on this one...wonder which will end up being the 'winner' in this question?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk