The Lone Ranger

Started by W. Gray, October 29, 2008, 04:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

This is how old I am.  My daughters hurried home from school to watch Barnabas Collins, played by Jonathan Frikes.  Oldest daughter has an excellant memory.

Ms Bear

Dark Shadows was very popular in 1962 - 63, I was expecting my first daughter and my sister would come to stay with me.  Actually she was coming to watch Dark Shadows because she didn't have a tv.

W. Gray

As of today, September 23, 2011, the Lone Ranger is back on for filming.

Disney pulled the plug last month because of a $250m budget for the movie.

Johnny Depp, Jerry Bruckheimer, and the director Gore Verbinski have pared down that amount to an "acceptable level" of $215m.

Original filming was scheduled to begin fall 2011 but because of the recent delay is now scheduled to begin early next year.

Some fellow named Arnie Hammer is the Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp as Tonto. Dwight Yoakum was originally involved also.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

farmgal67357

Quote from: Wilma on September 23, 2011, 02:39:49 PM
This is how old I am.  My daughters hurried home from school to watch Barnabas Collins, played by Jonathan Frikes.  Oldest daughter has an excellant memory.

My mom told me that if I took my nap (I went to morning Kindergarten) after lunch I could watch Dark Shadows with her.
Lisa
PS: Jonathan Frid was Barnabas, Jonathan Frakes was on Star Trek the Next Generation (he was number one!)
Lisa

Wilma

You're right that it was Jonathan Frid.  I knew that Frike didn't sound right, but couldn't remember.  I know No. 1 quite well.  Up till two weeks ago I could find an episode of Star Trek to watch, but they have changed their programming and I am not finding any Star Trek on my cable channels now.

W. Gray

The Lone Ranger and Tonto, 2013 style.

Hope this does not become a "John Carter."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

The Lone Ranger movie is not due out until July next year but previews are already running on the Western Channel.

It is heavy on unrealistic special effects and looks to me like it will be a stinker.

W. Gray

It is now estimated that the Lone Ranger will lose $175-200 million.

Cost of the movie was $225 million and the advertising was $125 million.

farmgal67357

I've got it in my Netflix cue!!
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

When you watch it, please share your comments. If it's bad I won't bother.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk