WEST ELK MATH RELAYS

Started by pepelect, October 28, 2008, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Super proud of all you guys! math is so cool!! Everything boils down to mathematics! Music, art, everything.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Edie

Wilma

We still don't have the names of these fabulous people. ??? ???

sixdogsmom

Hopefully there is a stellar reporter at West Elk.  :-* :-*
Edie

D Whetstone

Congrats to all of the students and teachers! Great job!

dw

D Whetstone

Hey PEP, sports requires good math skills.

Umpires have to count to three, the center fielder has to understand angles (to the ball), etc, etc

DW

pepelect

Math relays provide more butt kicking per dollar spent.   Grey matter trumps adrenaline any day of the week.

D Whetstone

momof 2boys

My oldest, Tristen, was one of the sixth graders on the math team.  He did an awesome job, as they all did.  He placed 1st in Potpurri, 1st in Multiplication, and 2nd in Percents as well being a part of the sixth grade team that took 1st overall.  I would love to brag on the rest of the students, but don't feel comfortable naming others without their permission.  They all did wonderful!!  West Elk ( elementary and Jr. High @High School) does an outstanding job in educating our youth. 

I have another thing to brag about, Moline Elementary was informed that they received "Standard of Excellence" in reading and math for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades for the 2007- 2008 school year!  Awesome job!!!

sixdogsmom

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader is about my favorite TV show; I like the kids being involved and being able to shine with their schoolwork. I wish that our own activities such as the local town celebrations included something along those lines. Has anyone here ever been to one of those math relays? I haven't; it might be fun to witness one. Spelling bees are always fun as well as trivia such as the tv show. How about math for charity or spelling for extra activities?  8) 8)
Edie

flo

West Elk's math relays are not open to the public.  Only the awards ceremony afterwards.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk