WEST ELK MATH RELAYS

Started by pepelect, October 28, 2008, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

West elk had little problems today.  The first quarter was the hardest with the second half really bringing the grey matter to the surface.  The final result was astonishing.  I think it must have been rigged from the start.  We smoked the other schools in just about every, no make that every grade level. 

I sure hope that steroids were not in use.  When does the IOC check for implants?

We spend thousands of dollars a year on the football, volleyball, and baseball programs.  What did it cost to completely desimate the competition?  Ever wonder what would happen if you actually challenged our kids?   If this is the result from 4 days of staying after school what would happen if we really tried?

Where is the sign on the highway for the brains of the outfit?

Good  job!!!!    I would be proud to have you on my math team anytime.

patyrn

It sounds like West Elk had a successful day in the Math Relays!

Congratulations to all the students involved and also their teachers and tutors who spend extra hours, both in and out of the school day, to prepare these kids to be WINNERS! 

Clubine Ranch

Yes, Elk County and the rest of this world has bright,caring and wonderful children. Sure is nice when people can talk about the good things they do.

Wilma

Who are these smart people and the teachers that help them?

Joanna

Go West Elk!  Our niece Courtney is on the team & we're so proud of her!  8) Her coach is Penny Swanson.  I don't know the others, but I'm sure it will be posted or in the paper next week.

The Math team has done really well in the past too.  I think most people who follow the school news know that West Elk does well in a lot of competitions that are not sport-related.  Since they're not really spectator events, sometimes it seems they don't get as much recognition...  But I know our Forum friends are well informed so keep up the support!

Go West Elk!  (a little help here?  :-[ Never was good at that cheerleading thing...) 

Wilma

GO WEST ELK
GO WEST ELK
GO WEST ELK
GO WEST ELK

flo

West Elk's students deserved every recognition they received last night.  Very few West Elk participants went home without a medal in some catagory.  Several went home with more than one metal.  Course I, as her grandmother, am so proud of Courtney Hunter and her first place metal.  It was very plain to see, before they even made the announcement, that West Elk would be the "over all" winner.  The students and teachers are to be commended for their hard work.  Penny Swanson, especially.  Putting on something like that and organizing 9 schools of students is no easy task, I'm sure.  There were several parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles there for the awards ceremony.  CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND TO THOSE WHO DID NOT TAKE HOME A MEDAL, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WINNERS FOR EVEN BEING CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

Quote from: flo on October 29, 2008, 07:49:31 AM
...Course I, as her grandmother, am so proud of Courtney Hunter and her first place metal....  CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND TO THOSE WHO DID NOT TAKE HOME A MEDAL, BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WINNERS FOR EVEN BEING CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE.

Flo, you are so right!  Just being on a Math team is an honor and all those kids deserve a lot of credit for their accomplishments. 

Catwoman

Penny Swanson is completely stellar in her ability to work with kids...always has been.  She is one who is in it for the long haul when it comes to working with kids.  Kids everywhere need adults who are like her...committed to staying in it, regardless of how hard or tedious it might become.  However, some recognition needs to be given to the lower grade teachers who prepped the kids over all of those long years previous to this...West Elk is blessed with many truly caring teachers who stick with it until the kids catch on.  No quitters there!!

heather_tyler_2014

Yey I'm sure proud of those Guy's :) Go WEST ELK'
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk