I have a question......

Started by pam, October 23, 2008, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Unfortunately I have reached the age where I got all these funny colored hairs where my dark brown ones used to be  :P, suckers are white! Anyhoo, I was cleanin the hulls off of pecans and walnuts and as a result I have a couple pretty brown fingers lol cause I never thought to put gloves on. I was wonderin if anybody knew if you could like make a tea out of them for a hair rinse for dark hair? I don't dye my hair because I hate chemicals but a natural alternative would be kinda cool...any info?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

S-S

Nothing on pecans, but I did find this cool site for making your own dyes and shampoos and things.

Recipe for Brunette Dye
Wash your hair with the following rinse. Pour the rinse through your hair 15 times, re-rinsing with the same liquid. On the final rinse, wring hair, and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing with clear water.

Brunette: Rinse hair with a strong black tea, or black coffee.

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/hair.html

NOTE: This process must be repeated daily for a few weeks before you notice any changes.

indygal

QuoteRinse hair with a strong black tea, or black coffee.

Seems a waste of good coffee, but I wouldn't want to "recycle" it after rinsing, either! ::)

Seriously...Pam, I do seem to remember reading somewhere that nut shells were used for dyes, but that may have been for fabrics, reeds for baskets, etc. Certainly worth a try!

flo

if you're gonna try the walnut and pecan dye, you might want to add a tad bit of squirrel repellant.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pam

Thanks Devynn  :)

Quote from: flo on October 23, 2008, 03:32:22 PM

if you're gonna try the walnut and pecan dye, you might want to add a tad bit of squirrel repellant.

LOL Ma, you reckon?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

Pam, please don't make tea from your stained fingers...the hot water would hurt!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.)

Teresa

Quote from: flo on October 23, 2008, 03:32:22 PM

Lordy Flo. I horse laughed out loud at that one and I am going to go to bed with that laugh still in my chest.. hahahahahahaha

That is so funny...................

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk