DEZINFORMATSIA

Started by Warph, October 22, 2008, 12:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

DEZINFORMATSIA (from the Pariot Post)

Asking the tough questions: "People have called you 'The Savior,' 'The Messiah,' 'The Messenger of Change.' The expectations have been raised to such a level... If you are, as you just say, lucky enough to be elected the next president are you going to have to consciously manage expectations during the first several months of your administration?" —NBC's Matt Lauer to Barack Obama

Talk about Looney Toons: "Sometimes I think I'm watching Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd here. You know Bugs Bunny is driving him crazy. He's laughing, running away and Elmer just can't keep, can't keep, can't get his eyes off the guy." —Daffy Duck, er, MSNBC's Chris Matthews likening Obama to Bugs Bunny and McCain to Elmer Fudd

Europeanness envy: "While we're on the symbolism, let me remind you how many Europeans see U.S. voters—as a trigger-happy bunch with a Bible in one hand and a rifle in the other... Does either of you senators have any serious plans to reduce the number of guns available in the U.S. or even dare to suggest it? That really would impress the Europeans, that you stand for change." —CNN European political editor Robin Oakley to Obama and McCain

Good thing the rest of the world can't vote here: "[P]olls show the image of the U.S. has improved slightly this year simply because President Bush is leaving. And, that if the world had a vote, Barack Obama would win in a landslide. Regardless of who wins, the world is clamoring for a new America in 2009." —NBC's Dawna Friesen

And it's called "redistribution": "Obama's tax cuts only go to people who work, so by definition, it's not welfare. Some working people eligible for Obama's tax cut make so little, they do not pay income taxes. But they do pay payroll taxes and other taxes." ABC's Jake Tapper

Newspulper Headlines: We Blame Global Warming, or Not: "Alaska Glaciers Grew This Year, Thanks to Colder Weather" —Anchorage Daily News  "Federal Report: Arctic Getting Warmer and Warmer" —FoxNews.com

Finally, Some Good Economic News!: "Baby Boomer Deaths Could Fuel Funeral Industry" —Associated Press

They're Always in the Last Place You Look: "Obama, McCain Camps Look for Florida Votes in Israel" —Arizona Daily Star (Tucson)

They're Trying to Disenfranchise Aliens!: "GOP to Continue Efforts to Shut Down Satellite Voting Centers" —Times (Munster, IN)

Help Wanted: "Hunt Under Way in Chicago for Creepy Clown Who Stalks Children" —FoxNews.com

News You Can Use: "Shortage of Money Could Cost Us Millions" —Indianapolis Star

Bottom Stories of the Day: "Albright Says Obama Is Presidential" —Las Vegas Sun (Thanks to The Wall Street Journal's James Taranto)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk