Question for a Guru of Language

Started by Wilma, October 19, 2008, 08:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Which is tinier, tiny tiny or teeny tiny?

Catwoman

Just guessing...probably teeny tiny...preceded by itsy bitsy and followed by miniscule?

dnalexander

Wilma that has to be one for the dictionary writers and philosophers. I bet you could have a whole college course devoted to that question. If this keeps me up all night thinking I blame you. Thanks for the question.

David

sixdogsmom

UUhhhhh----- what about teeny weeny? HUH!!
Edie

W. Gray

Would teensy weensy be tinier than teeny weeny?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Yupper, I think you are keerect!!!  ;D ;D
Edie

Jo McDonald

I think the proper word would be "tiniest"
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Rudy Taylor

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Wilma

Only a newspaper person would make up a word, Rudy.  I appreciate all your suggestions and, Teresa, it isn't what you think.  What I had in mind has the approximate diameter of a horse hair.  Now how tiny tiny, teensy tiny, itsy bitsy, miniscule, teeny weeny, teensy weensy, tiniest or littleriest would this be?  Is there anything tinier than these?

And, dna, I am sorry if I caused you any loss of sleep

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I do believe that your horsehair would be nano-tiny tiny, teensy tiny, itsy bitsy, miniscule, teeny weeny, teensy weensy, tiniest, littleriest!  ;D ;D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk