The MSM - this is getting ridiculous - RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Started by mtcookson, October 16, 2008, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtcookson

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27207215/

Basically... MSNBC is attacking "Joe the Plumber" because he doesn't have a plumbers license. Joe claims he doesn't need one since he's just a worker - others claim he does... - WHO CARES?!?!?! Why are they attacking this random plumber because he has no license, you may ask? Because he asked Obama about his tax plan, how Obama would raise the taxes and Joe would have to pay more since the business he is wanting to buy makes over $250,000 a year. Obama, in a nutshell, started talking about redistribution of wealth... taking from the successful, giving to the poor (many of whom don't work and aren't even taxed mind you).

This is so unbelievably pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets attack a man for actually getting Obama to expose his true colors in plain, clear words. Its like they're trying to discredit this guy in an attempt to hurt McCain... which is absolutely pointless because this guy has absolutely no ties to McCain and has only got Obama to expose himself. The damage is done. Obama said the words. Joe didn't do anything but ask a question. Why? WHY? This is completely WORTHLESS reporting... I'm just glad MSNBC has absolutely horrible ratings and hopefully they'll continue to drop till they are no longer in existence. >:(

Alright... rant off. 8)

Teresa

I want welfare for the middle class!  I think you all should pay for it, too!

I want free healthcare - you think that will lower costs and demand?  Can you say rationing?

Obama wants to spread tax payer money around like it is his to give away.

THAT IS WELFARE........ NOT A TAX CUT!

Using tax money and giving it away is a zero sum game.  It creates nothing.  The only way the economy will turn around is to get business to spend more buying stuff from other businesses.  Giving a tax break to a business to hire someone will not work.  The business has to expand and when it does more work is created for employees.  When the existing employees can't keep up with the expanding work load the business hires more workers.  A business will not hire full-time permanent employees just to get a tax break.

It is proven that you will get more of what you incentivize getting done.  You will get less of what has a disincentive.

Increasing taxes are a disincentive to economic growth.

Tax cuts are an incentive for grow.

What does Obama want?  He wants to punish economic growth.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

redcliffsw

Why not level the playing field for everybody, including rich & poor, by prohibiting the Feds from giving out money? 
You ever read "Not Yours To Give"?  It's about Congressman David Crockett and how it ought to be.  Some might know about it but so far, I have not seen it on the EK Forum.  Excellent read. 
You can google it or click here.

http://www.fee.org/library/books/notyours.asp

dnalexander

Quote from: redcliffsw on October 16, 2008, 06:12:34 PM
Why not level the playing field for everybody, including rich & poor, by prohibiting the Feds from giving out money? 
You ever read "Not Yours To Give"?  It's about Congressman David Crockett and how it ought to be.  Some might know about it but so far, I have not seen it on the EK Forum.  Excellent read. 
You can google it or click here.
http://www.fee.org/library/books/notyours.asp

I have not read this or clicked your link yet.The names are unfamiliar to me. I will look at your info and I will comment later. Welcome to the forum and thanks for providing us with some new information.

David

Teresa

Here is the video...

Four out of five communists agree..

http://www.youtube.com/v/-W6NnAs-tlI&hl=en&fs=1

...the fifth was sent to a gulag.
(The Gulag was the government agency that administered the penal labor camps of the Soviet Union)
~~~~~

QuoteI think everyone behind you deserves a chance at success, - spreading the wealth

This is AMERICA!!!!! The place for opportunities. everyone hates us but they all want to move in because, regardless of what they are they can become something. If you 'can't' make it here it's because you don't want to. I bust my a$$ to make it and darn sure don't need a bunch of dead beats riding on my success. We all have troubles and need help at some point in our lives. but these people that Obama is talking about make welfare a career.
Apparently the left doesn't understand the difference between "pursuit" and "attainment"...

dnalexander

mtcookson sorry for getting a little off track on your thread but I thought this might fit here. I am tired of hearing about Joe anybody even if that is your real name.

I am not Joe Biden, Joe Danko at the gas station, Joe Sixpack, Joe Smoe. or Joe the plumber. I am David. Joe and I are voters and you politicians and media guys are beginning to get very annoying. Stop with the sound bites.

We are David & Joe and we approved this post.

(Sorry WARPH I kinda stole that from you)

pam

I don't know who you are redcliff but that was most excellent, and thought-provokin.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Lookatmeknow!!

Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

dnalexander

Excellent well written story. I find I do know Col. Crockett. I always loved Davey Crockett. I know him even better now and have to say that the story is going to prompt me to change my thoughts on somethings. Thanks very much for the story.Great post recliffsw.

David

p.s. Sometimes the clearly obvious is right before your eyes. It just takes someone to point it out to you. Thanks for the post. You really got me thinking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk