Murtha apologizes for calling western Pennsylvania 'racist'

Started by Warph, October 16, 2008, 03:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

(CNN) -- Pennsylvania Rep. John Murtha, a supporter of Barack Obama's presidential bid, apologized Thursday for calling western Pennsylvania "a racist area.

Rest of the story at the liberal CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/16/murtha.racism.apology/index.html

Well... gee whiz, John.... aren't you up for re-election in the 12 district???  I don't think this was a very smart move on your part.  Getting a little senile after thirty-four years in Congress?  You were a great Marine but, as a congressman of late, you stink, John.  Too much Obuma Koolaid.... time to give it up.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

I mean seriously, does anybody really think there isn't a wee bit of racism in EVERY part of the country be it western Penn. or BF Missouri or Kansas? I mean really, I've worked for guys down here who are very racist, whether it's mexicans or black people or even orientals. All the news guys need to give the guy a break, least he had guts enough to say it lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

mtcookson

I'm an equal opportunity racist... I hate everyone.

Ok... ok... just kidding. :laugh:

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: pam on October 16, 2008, 04:36:36 PM
I mean seriously, does anybody really think there isn't a wee bit of racism in EVERY part of the country be it western Penn. or BF Missouri or Kansas? I mean really, I've worked for guys down here who are very racist, whether it's mexicans or black people or even orientals. All the news guys need to give the guy a break, least he had guts enough to say it lol
I don't have any use for murtha after he tried to use his power to influence the conviction of innocent marines over haditha iraq killings.

Now the marines are suing him for defamation of character along with some other things. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

The following makes it even harder to swallow....

Service/branch:   United States Marine Corps
Battles/wars:   Vietnam War
Awards:   American Spirit Honor Medal, Bronze Star, Purple Heart (2), Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, Navy Distinguished Service Medal

Impeach the jackass.....
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk