Geez I hate rainy days.......

Started by pam, October 15, 2008, 01:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Been pourin all day.......................did all the housework by about 10:00, twiddled my thumbs for awhile.....watched the goobers on the news for a while  ::)..............so now I'm surfin lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

:-\ :'( how bout three rainy days in a row?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

I usually iron, or play in my doll collection, or read. Reading gets the vote today, with a nap afterward.  8) 8)
Edie

greatguns

Girls, girls, girls, it doesn't bother us democrat girls 'cause we have our heads where the sun doen's shine anyway according to another post. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Dale Smith

If you want to escape the rain, come on down to Atlanta, Georgia.  We haven't seen it in so long we've forgotten what it's like.

Judy Harder

Well, I don't mind rainy days.
As long as they don't last long enough I get "Cabin Fever"

This morning, since it was nasty I decided to tackle my closet and before I could do that I did my dishes,

Made a potato/broccoli/cauliflower soup and also cooked a couple of apples and spruced up the kitchen.

Then I opened the closet door and started rearranging and  to see what I could live without.
Well,  I think 2 or 3  shirts made it into my Good will  sack............and it is neater.
( I do have some trash to go out)
I finished hanging up my panels/drapes in front room and I am ALL DONE>

Next project is going through drawers and doing some paper shredding.
But, that will not be this  week.
I am spending the rest of the day on the sofa, in front of the tv with a book.
It is so nice to have that done for a few months.

Now for some sunshine, that they are predicting.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

sixdogsmom

LOL! I was in Georgia some years ago and they were complaining about a drought. It rained twice in the ten days in August that we were there, but they were still having a drought. I got a little kick out of that. But I have heard that your area is suffering a drought. That is a beautiful area north of you in the mountains.
Edie

Tobina+1

I actually an odd-ball, apparently.  I do love the rain.  Now, I do hate COLD rainy days that feel like it could turn to snow at any moment.  But I love summer rain and rainy days.  But I agree that cabin fever sets in around Day 3... last summer during the flooding I was so cooped up that I took out to El Dorado to do some shopping... and almost couldn't make it home!  They shut down Hwy 400 and I had to go to Eureka and down to get home!  That's what I get for not heeding my hubby's advice.  I love to shop on rainy days b/c it doesn't bother me at all, but no one else wants to get out so the stores are empty!

pam

Lol, Tobina..I have a bad habit of playin in the rain, I've been known to put on my swimmin suit and take my shampoo outside and stand under the rain spout and wash my hair in a downpour lol. Yesterday was just one of them days I had stuff to do I couldn't do in the rain without gettin stuck or tearin somthin up lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Judy Harder

Pam, I have you beat........
Back in the 80's I think about 81 the temps had been over 100 for days (it felt like months)

We lived on a rural property in Busby (the old  binegar place, I think, just west of Red Johnson's place)
no one was around, I don't know where they all were, but I had the house and property to myself when
it started raining and it did break the heat.....

well, let me tell you I striped and headed out the back door and with a bar of soap stood under the roof where the rain was coming down like a waterfall and let me tell you..............that was the coldest shower I had ever had........but, HE HE, it felt wonderful after all that heat.

I told you we had no neighbors and if anything was moving out there, well too bad, I got some relief.............and that is my story.

I did do that one more time, but it wasn't as big a deal as the first time.
Oh, I did pay for it, all the black stuff off the roofing tile got in my hair and I had to go in and rewash my head..........

Nice memories............thanks
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk