Down the Rabbit Hole: Obuma, You're an Idiot!

Started by Warph, October 09, 2008, 06:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

That's not really fair .. I have a couple friends who's wives family's are the ones with the money. And the men run very successful businesses but do not have the time or the need to keep tract of all of the investments that their wives are inclined to inherent from the family fortunes. They "know" without really having to know.. Doesn't make them not successful in their own rights at all.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

greatguns

pam

Maybe I'm different in this respect...I'm the money manager in our family but Joe knows everything I do cause I TELL him and keep him informed. Neither one of us does somthin without tellin the other one first. It's not a matter of gettin or givin permission, it's a matter of respect and keepin each other from gettin blindsided if somthin goes wrong.

To my way of thinkin the presidency is like the ultimate partnership, all the parties are responsible for keepin track of what's goin on where, if they don't then they are at least partly responsible when things go wrong and sayin well nobody told me ain't an excuse.

But I know lot's of people ain't that way, I know lot's of married people myself that neither one of em have any idea what the other one is doin.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

I am the money manager in my family and in more than one business. The reason, Pam ..that we can tell and discuss our financial dealings with each other is because it doesn't take that long and it isn't that much to tell.  :D
When there is multi billions and it is passed down to you.. to keep it all straight would give me a roaring headache.. and would be a full time job if you did it all yourself. ( which I am not remotely smart enough to do)  I don't think we have even a small inkling what that is like .. I can barely write the the numbers that they would have to account for..let alone manage and keep my partner informed of every detail.
And most of the time it is not accessible to them if they wanted to liquidate immediately because of the family legalities..
There is a whole lot in that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ world that you and I can not make general statements on cause we have never had to walk in their shoes.
That is still a 'not fair statement'.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

I'll give you that partly Teresa but geez he's goin to have to keep track of a hell of a lot more than what his wife has if he's president isn't he?

I know, there are a thousand people who keep track of what's goin on where and then tell the president what they think he oughta know. Sure leaves a lot of room for screw-ups tho no matter WHO has the job.

I bow to your victory lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk