Main Menu

ACORN

Started by DanCookson, October 09, 2008, 08:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Quote from: frawin on October 14, 2008, 07:44:32 AM
Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 13, 2008, 07:04:19 PM
Homework is done and gold stars are the order of the day. Obama rumors are all avilable on Snopes.com, it is a good idea to visit that site, and avoid the racist, narrow minded, alarmist sites that are sponsered by such people as KKK, skinheads, nra, all the far right wing loonys.  :P :P :P

I read an interesting article yesterday about the Democrats/Obamacrats pointing the Racist finger at the Republicans. The main point of the article was that Slavery was a product of the Southern Democrats and slavery was abolished by the Republican President, Abraham Lincoln and it was  by the Blood of the Northern Soldiers who were virtually all Republicans.

Actually slavery was a product of the elite immigrants from Britian, France, and Spain who brought the first ones with em! LOL
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

pam

Yeah I WOULD vote for Colin Powell but I gotta decline on Condoleeza lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

mtcookson

Quote from: frawin on October 14, 2008, 07:44:32 AMI read an interesting article yesterday about the Democrats/Obamacrats pointing the Racist finger at the Republicans. The main point of the article was that Slavery was a product of the Southern Democrats and slavery was abolished by the Republican President, Abraham Lincoln and it was  by the Blood of the Northern Soldiers who were virtually all Republicans.

Quote from: pam on October 14, 2008, 07:58:00 AM
Actually slavery was a product of the elite immigrants from Britian, France, and Spain who brought the first ones with em! LOL

Actually... both are technically wrong. Black slavery was a product of Africans enslaving their own people. Tribes would invade other tribes or villages, capture, and enslave them. They would then trade their slaves which cause slavery to spread. Slavery has been around nearly since the beginning of time though so its like not it all of a sudden started in Africa or with them trading.

And finally, to those who play the black slavery card, what would happen to all of the black citizens say if a person were able to go back in time and end the black slavery at Africa before it started to spread? Answer: most of them probably would not even be here nor likely even alive. If they would even have been born (the survival rate of their predecessors would likely be much less), they would be in a much worse position than they are now... though I wouldn't really consider them to be in that bad of a position considering the handouts you can get being a minority and the simple freedoms on living in the U.S. Heck... going by the above, if slavery had never been spread here we probably wouldn't even have a black man running for President of the U.S.

If I were black (and in the same mindset I am now) I wouldn't be complaining about my ancestors being enslaved... I would always keep in mind everything they went through that eventually got blacks to where they are now... FREE in the United States and with one even running for the highest power in the nation. You can't tell me that would be happening right now if slavery had never been spread here. Something like that would probably still be quite a few years down the road.

That's my rant for the day. :angel:

pam

QuoteThat's my rant for the day.

:laugh: ;) And a good rant it was! :laugh:
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk