Sarah Palin Troopergate Investigation Report.

Started by dnalexander, October 10, 2008, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

I support Sarah Palin but since this will be in the news tomorrow and the next few days I urge you to read the full report with an open mind. It is more info and insight than you will get in the media.

David

Branchflower Report|Troopergate Investigation

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/10/10/16/Branchflowerreport.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on October 10, 2008, 07:57:34 PM
I support Sarah Palin but since this will be in the news tomorrow and the next few days I urge you to read the full report with an open mind. It is more info and insight than you will get in the media.

David

Branchflower Report|Troopergate Investigation

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/10/10/16/Branchflowerreport.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf

Good post, David... and you're right about the media.  I feel she had every right to do what she did and I don't blame her husband, The First Gentleman (that title cracks me up) getting involved, too.  If I was in their shoes, I would have gone after bad egg Trooper Wooten with everything I could muster for what he did to their family and the State of Alaska.  if his boss, comm. of public safety Walt Monegan stood in my way, I would have done exactly what she did except more so.... what ever happen to "Protect and Serve?" 
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on October 11, 2008, 10:42:14 AM
A response to the report by Palin's Attorneys.

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/10/10/19/349-Response_to_Branchflower_Report_10-10-08.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf

The report says Governor Palin acted lawfully.

Governor Palin has the authority for fire any of her political appointees for any reason or no reason.  That makes it impossible for Governor Palin to have violated ethics rules in reassigning (not firing) Monegan.  She could have canned him for failing to use mouth wash in the morning!

QUESTION: No one seems to be asking whether or not this trooper was actually fired or if he's still employed?  That would be important to know.  If the trooper is still working then Governor Palin did not reassign Monegan for refusing to fire him.

Again the mainstream media lies shamelessly to paint Governor Palin as another Bill Clinton (who, BTW, fired 93 US Attorneys General upon taking office...some of who were investigating HIM and his cronies).   AP, especially, will be known forever for their wanton journalistic corruption and complete abandonment of objective reporting.  Every AP byline is tainted with the stench of blatant leftwing bias.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

dnalexander

The drinking on duty son tasering trooper is still employed in the same job. I think we all know he should have been canned. As for Moneghan he was employed at the Governor's will. Note he was offered a job she felt he would be more effective overseeing.
I know there is a lot to read in the links above but read the whole story.

sixdogsmom

Excuse me? Doesn't page 8 say that he found that Gov Palin did indeed abuse her power for personal reasons?
Edie

greatguns

dnalexander

Yes the investigating officer feels she abused her power due to the fact that a small part of her decision may have been influenced by personal reasons.. Read her lawyer's response. I won't debate all the little issues point by point. I ask that you read all sides. I think Palin may have put on a lot of pressure on the trooper Wooten. He had done enough to get himself fired no matter what Palin's animosities were to him. Moneghan should have fired him. Moneghan dismissal is a non issue it was legal. The ethics issue could be debated. Did she gain financially or substantially no. Is it a violoation of ethics? Maybe technically? Would you apply force to to get rid of a Trooper that drank on duty and tasered his kid. Threatened your kids and family? And when his boss would not fire him would you push hard. Yes you would.

David

Equate it to the police saying you committed a misdemeanor. You are innocent until proven guilty. She has just been accused. The Alaska department of personnel and the Alaska Supreme court would be the first \second judicial steps in this process. She is to be presumed innocent under or law. More to come. Thanks for your comments. SDM thanks for reading at least to page 8. I hope you read all the info I posted. I think you will.

David

Diane Amberg

That trooper's superior officers apparently didn't do their jobs. This whole thing is a personnel matter and should should have been handled as such. I'm surprised he hasn't been shunned by the other troopers. They are all a close knit group and don't like that kind of publicity, especially involving mistreatment of family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk