parking at a gas station

Started by littlelamb, October 10, 2008, 08:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

I did not miss your point.  Mine was a joke.   I live in Piedmont and I don't buy my groceries in Severy for the very same reason I don't buy my groceries in Piedmont.  I just wanted you to know I am not stupid. (Well Maybe!)

W. Gray

Greatguns, is the cafe still open?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jprxmkt

Quote from: pepelect on October 11, 2008, 02:46:07 PM
Gas is just the hook to get you to buy $6 milk and $2 softdrinks.

Not true. Gas is their living; the way they pay their bills. They are not the ones profiting from higher prices at the pumps. In fact the higher prices are hurting the small gas stations because people are more likely to fill up before they come home (unfortunately) and people are supposedly conserving fuel now so are using less overall fuel.  The reason they have higher prices is because they are paying a much higher price to get it into their stores.  When we were looking for a grocer wholesaler, I looked into some convenience store suppliers and was amazed how high their costs were. When costs are that much higher, retail prices must be a higher. But it sure is nice at 9:30 at night when you have to have chocolate chip cookies and you are out of flour and they have some for your fix! ;) (pre-grocery store days) 

greatguns

Yes the cafe is still open.  And Lila still has the best fried chicken.

S-S

We mostly fuel up at the co-op station in Severy. We are right in the middle - between Howard & Severy. Billy has had problems with the fuel at P&J's.

I have been buying groceries in El Dorado recently, because I have been there every week for the past month. I still purchase my meat at Family Market and will continue to do so. The past few times I have gotten things at WalMart, the cashiers were very friendly to me. I even fueled up at the QuickTrip in El Dorado last week because gas was incredibly low there.

I will always hold the door for someone, no matter how old they are. Sometimes people say thank you, and sometimes people look at me like I have 3 eyes.

Also, at Walmart the other day, I saw very few carts out in the parking lot or even in the "cart cages". There was one young man tending to the whole parking lot himself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk