Main Menu

ACORN

Started by DanCookson, October 09, 2008, 08:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I haven't heard of it either.  I'll check my DirectTv.

Warph

Quote from: DanCookson on October 09, 2008, 08:34:35 AM
What a bunch of ass hats these people are.  I was watching CNN this morning and was amazed they were covering it as they are usually pretty left angled.

It is groups like this and the people that make excuses for them and support them that make me sick.  This whole election process is starting to make me sick...

McCain won't talk about the economy because it is a weak point....Well duhhh.

Obama won't talk about Character because he has none.....well duhhhh.

Just grows very tiresome......

Back to work.....sigh

Thousands on the rolls after death, creating potential for fraud
Woodwick Street was quiet — with a few residents working in their yards and adding to post-storm brush piles at the curb — when Texas Watchdog visited on a recent Saturday to try to find Harris County voter Linda K. Hill.

"I'm sorry, but she passed on two years ago," said a mustached man wearing a Dallas Cowboys baseball cap and driving a motorized chair down the street. He was Linda Hill's husband, Henderson Hill Jr.

Linda Kay Hill, a homemaker and Louisiana native, died Aug. 2, 2006, of a heart attack, her husband recalled, and is buried at Houston Memorial Gardens in Pearland. But Harris County voter records indicate she –- or someone using her identity –- cast a ballot in the November election that year. Linda Hill of Woodwick Street voted in person on Election Day, records show.

She is among the more than 4,000 people whose names are listed both on Harris County's voter rolls and also in a federal database of death records, a Texas Watchdog analysis has found.

And dozens of those people, like Linda Hill, have apparently cast ballots from beyond the grave, records since 2004 show. One expert says the number of deceased names used to cast ballots may be higher than what Texas Watchdog's analysis found.

Instances of dead voters' names being used to cast ballots were most frequent in three elections, the November 2004 general election, the November 2006 general election and the March 2008 Democratic primary, the analysis found.

Less than a month away from an election to decide the highest office in the land, some advocates worry that such errors in the voter records open the door for fraud, compromise the integrity of results and lessen voter confidence in the system.

The findings come as the group ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, has faced scrutiny in multiple states for allegedly improper voter registrations — including players for the Dallas Cowboys, not in the Lone Star State, but in Nevada. The group's Nevada offices were raided by state officials earlier this week.

That's as officials in at least six states may have improperly removed tens of thousands of voters from the rolls or prevented them from registering, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

Rest of the story at: http://www.texaswatchdog.org/2008/10/dead-voters-still-registered-in-harris-county/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

dnalexander

I cast my vote today, watched it go in the counting machine, and got my receipt. When I find it has washed up on the shores of the Bay, during my early morning walk of my dog Kansas,  I will let you know. I did everything I can to ensure my vote counts. Curse you Mayor Richard Daley!

David

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on October 10, 2008, 03:06:51 PM
I cast my vote today, watched it go in the counting machine, and got my receipt. When I find it has washed up on the shores of the Bay, during my early morning walk of my dog Kansas,  I will let you know. I did everything I can to ensure my vote counts. Curse you Mayor Richard Daley!

David

Did you vote for Nancy or Cindy, David?  :laugh: ;D
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

dnalexander

Warph I don't live in the city. While I love going there I choose to live in a city called Belmont about 30 miles south of SF. It is quite different from SF in many ways, though not all. I was thinking about an earlier exchange we had a few months ago though. I am keeping a close watch on San Francisco Propositions K and R for you. I will send you the results.

David
p.s. Warph you really should read Prop. R. in the official voter's pamphlet to see what we have to put up with.

http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/elections/Nov2008_VIP_EN_2.pdf

greatguns

Of course they gave him a channel.  It is a paid ad.  I'm sure you can have one also if you wish to pay for it.

W. Gray

During the early days of cable here in our part of Colorado (1983) one could contact the local cable company and ask to be on television for thirty minutes, an hour, or whatever.

One channel was reserved for anyone's topics and one had to pay for the cable time and the content was whatever, you presented--and you had to abide by rules of no obscenity, etc.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

I don't know if  cable rules have changed but they were required and I believe still have to provide a free public access channel in their local area. While this channel had a bunch of junk some of the best, worst, most innovative, and just plain odd shows were a great attraction.

David

Lookatmeknow!!

I actually saw two channels yesterday.  One was up in the 1000's by the music channels and the other in like the 70's.  I have dish network.  Won't see me turning it on to those channels though!!  Unless, I get to curious!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Howell4ever

It is Channel 73 it is through only dish services like dish network and direct tv.....  And its excellent programing!!!!   Love the Obama channel  only good thing to watch these days with all the negative  stuff on tv now adays LOL!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk