SUTTON, John A. "Bud" - b. May 29, 1932 - d. October 7, 2008

Started by patyrn, October 08, 2008, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

John A. "Bud" Sutton, 76, retired oilfield service operator, died October 7, 2008 in Kingman, Kansas.  Bud was born May 29, 1932 to Homer and Mary (Scott) Sutton at Douglass, Kansas.

He married Jeannine Barnes of Longton, Kansas on September 28, 1957.  A cowboy and farmer in his early life, he moved to Russell, Kansas in 1959 to work for Murfin Drilling Company and find a better life for his wife and growing family.  He then struck out on his own to start General Roustabout Service in Russell, which he operated for 16 years before retiring.

John was preceded in death by his wife, Jeannine.

Survivors include his daughters, Shelly Sutton of Topeka, Kansas and Shawnna and husband Mike Kaufman of Kingman, Kansas; a grandson, Joshua Kaufman of Kingman, Kansas; a sister and brother-in-law, Frances and John Renfro of Douglass, Kansas.

Graveside services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, October 10, 2008 at the Longton Cemetery, Longton, Kansas with Pastor Lester Zook officiating.  Visitation will be from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 9, 2008 at Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas. 

Memorial contributions are suggested to the Kingman County Council on Aging or the First Mennonite Youth of Pretty Prairie, Kansas and may be sent to the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, P.O. Box 1233, Howard, Kansas  67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Judy Harder

Boy, this was a shock.  Bud was a good and friendly neighbor when he lived across from me
here at the Longton Housing.

My sympathy to the family.
God be with you.
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk