The Best Cup of Coffee

Started by Wilma, October 07, 2008, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

In the grocery store that I worked at one could buy orange or grape or whatever flavor syrup by the bottle--I seem to recall it was a gallon glass bottle.

Then one buy a jug of carbonated water and go home and mix your own.

They did not sell very well.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Catwoman

You can still buy flavored syrups...but they're a pretty penny...still worth it, though.

Lookatmeknow!!

When I worked at Toot's years ago, the big thing was Strawberry Mountain Dew.  I think alot of the kids still drink it today!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

jensarlou

Ok since this is now about soda.  My all time favorite has got to be cherry limeade.  I had never had one till I moved to KS, but Julie makes the best at the drug store.  You just don't find it down here in FL very often.  Occaisionally at a Sonic but unfortunatly we don't have one near by me.  Not to mention they are not really as good as they are up there.  Patrick maybe you can get Julie to send me the instructions for the base she uses when making Cherry Limeade.  Catwoman the Community coffee you refered to in an earlier post is made right in New Orleans. I have family that actually works for Folgers but won't drink anything but Community.  :) They have one they call "New Orleans Blend", it has the chickory in it.  Community itself is quite a popular brand all throughout the deep south.

jprxmkt

Well, we use old fashioned simple syrup.  I don't think you want to know how much sugar is involved. You put a whole pound of sugar per each cup of water and bring to a boil. Fresh squeezed lime juice, carbonated water and cherry syrup. They are quite tasty!

Clubine Ranch

The best cup of coffee always goes with a wonderful dessert or at least a candy bar.............

Catwoman

Quote from: jensarlou on October 11, 2008, 12:27:21 PM
Ok since this is now about soda.  My all time favorite has got to be cherry limeade.  I had never had one till I moved to KS, but Julie makes the best at the drug store.  You just don't find it down here in FL very often.  Occaisionally at a Sonic but unfortunatly we don't have one near by me.  Not to mention they are not really as good as they are up there.  Patrick maybe you can get Julie to send me the instructions for the base she uses when making Cherry Limeade.  Catwoman the Community coffee you refered to in an earlier post is made right in New Orleans. I have family that actually works for Folgers but won't drink anything but Community.  :) They have one they call "New Orleans Blend", it has the chickory in it.  Community itself is quite a popular brand all throughout the deep south.
Julie and Patrick work hard to make that soda counter a memorable experience for the patrons...it's one of the things I miss about Howard!

Wilma

Picture this.  Bud on my lap.  A cup of hot coffee at my lips.  Bud nudges the cup.  This cup of coffee was on me.

sixdogsmom

Wilma, Little Man does that to me all the time. I always have coffee stains on my nightgown, making it look like I cannot hit my mouth.  :D :D
Edie

Warph

I enjoy my cupa Peet's House Blend coffee sitting on the patio watching the dust and road runners blow by.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk